Pages

Monday, October 2

Short, sweet... like me.

A great weekend celebrating the birth of our lord and savior, Leaf Life.

A ride on Big Creek, which I haven't done since I had back issues... two years ago?

Super dry conditions.  Emboldened by the omega traction, I made that stupid move on Laurel that I don't even bother trying much any more.  I credit the mid-plussers and how early in the ride it was that my legs were fresh enough to do it.

Zac made it as well, but being that he knows how to hop his bike around and doesn't mind some occasional consequences (as witnessed later on the Lord of the Rings trail), expected.

 It was the kinda ride I look forward to all summer.   Cool temps, all day with no agenda, trail beers.

 Others, including the birthday boy, showed up sometime after the Saturday ride...

and before we knew it, the time was 11:30PM.  I had decided to sleep in the dirt.  I haven't just slept out in the open on the ground in awhile.  I probably won't do it again for a very long time.  Ditch lifestyle ain't necessarily for me anymore.

Another shorter ride within the tolerance levels of my self-sabotaged body on Sunday with even more friends in tow.

An amazingly crisp September day.  Conditions so dusty that we had to leave a gap between riders coming down Spencer in order to be able to see the trail ahead.   Sick.

Despite getting lit up by yellow jackets coming off the last trail of the day, it was an incredible way to spend a weekend.   They are assholes, tho. 

Two more weeks and my favorite seasonal loop is open.  Even more buenos.

I know everyone says this, but I love fall.

Except the leaves... and the cold... and pumpkin beer.

3 comments:

Steven said...

We ran into those bees on Friday. They truly were assholes, going the extra mile to chase us across the bridge.

Anonymous said...

don't make me call you.

Anonymous said...

That's it I'm calling.