Pages

Thursday, September 9

Can I get a "Woo!"?

Things have been busy, and things are going on in the background. Things are cluttering up my bike room, and things are quickly winding down.

This weekend is the Pisgah Bad Ass race. I am not sure I'm gonna make it at this point. The external pressures of all the undone things are weighing down on my very being. I've been so short on time that while I was stuck in Denver for a day after the Breck Epic instead of just relaxing and watching HBO for 20 hours straight I used the time in my hotel room as productively as possible.

A clean bike in the box meant less work before the Shenandoah Mountain 100 and a few very soiled hotel wash cloths. This weekend I may or may not have all the little bits and pieces I need to finish the Tallboy. If George "El Diablo" Wisell would stop playing around with my bits and pieces and just ship them I probably woulda had the bike built days ago.

"This fjork, as stock and shipped from the factory, does not rock!"

Instead of leaving well enough alone George gave my fjork a little extra El Diablo Mojo. We shall see if the fruits of his labor were worthwhile soon enough.

George likes to pound the cream cheese frosting to keep his energy levels up while working in the shop. Apparently this tub may have been left on the workbench a little too long.

So maybe I get a little Tallboy action this weekend, maybe I try to throw down and become the first Pisgah Bad Ass, or maybe I start sharpening my wit in preparation for the Crank the Shield Stage Race coming up in one week. Registration closed as of a few days ago, so if you aren't signed up already then whatever. Peter is preparing for my visit to his great big, over sized, yet to be annexed state of Canada. Yes, it is true that as soon as I get there I will be whisked away to Joyride 150, a massive indoor bike park similar to Ray's Indoor Mountain Bike Park, but with a better selection of pork products and winter hats.

I haven't been to an indoor bike park since I went to Ray's back in 2004. I had a blast there, and I can't wait to tire myself out on the pump track the day before Crank the Shield. Despite all rumors (or rumoUrs) I am not heading to Canada to sign a lucrative deal for the 2011 season. I am only going there to eat bacon, wear funny hats, and make great bike race.

At least I know that Carhartt and Lunchbox are totally stoked on my trip to America's hat.

Woo Rich... indeed.

7 comments:

Big Bikes said...

It puts the lotion in the fork.

George said...

WOOO! Rich

TheMutt said...

Both sides of that sign said the same thing. They really like you out there. It looks like Lunchbox is your biggest fan now too. Woo!


wv: ensestst

Sonya said...

yes! I love the bike in the bathtub. I admit I've done that before. :) Detachable showerhead was awesome for that to. ;) Have fun playing this weekend!

Billy Fehr said...

Sonya,
At the risk of being overly observant I noticed you may have perhaps missed or avoided an O.
Honestly...
wv:covers

The Vegan Vagabond said...

Sadly, I can't go to your meat party. It's not a meat thing though, it's a too I live too far away thing. Have fun at Joyride!

dougyfresh said...

damn it. tHHHom beat me too it.










wv: zitanc

or zitanic??