Pages

Tuesday, December 21

Can't we all just get a dong?

I forgot to mention some things yesterday.

Before I headed out on my solo road ride on Sunday I psyched myself up by surfing the internets through the early parts of the morning. First I read that the Erzinger case ended in a most incredible (bad) manner.

He (a rich douchebag who takes no responsibility for his actions, the hit, the sneaky run, and the lies that followed) basically got off the hook for a felonious act. I followed the story the whole time, and I'm still dumbfounded as to how this shit happens.

I didn't know if that was more unsettling than finding out about the drunk driver who killed a 14 year old kid on a bike after plowing into him at @83mph who then went on to sue the parents (from jail as an indigent) for "contributory negligence" since the parents allowed the child to ride a bike without a helmet.

Weaving says that had the Kenneys "complied with the responsibilities of a parent and guardian and the laws of this state and not allowed their son to ride his bicycle without a helmet ... this incident and Matthew's death would not have happened".

Furthering my pre-ride stokage I then found a link to this guy:

Can't read the sticker in the window?

This guy is a hoot... in the way that Dick Cheney is a hoot. Unreal. I did like reading his post about riding in the park and putting an elbow into the back of a pedestrian "to teach him a lesson."

Sidewalks and cement trails really should not be occupied by walkers with dogs. They should walk in the grass. So I have decided that now I am not only tired of sharing the road with bicycles, but I am equally tired of sharing cement park trails with pedestrians.

Wow. I was speechless after reading his posts, and I wondered if his dog was raped by a cyclist in the past. So much hate spewed, one has to wonder.

With my faith in humanity brought down to a new low I headed out the door with my road bike. It's a bit daunting to think that someone in a position of wealth or power can hit me and get away with it, a drunk driver could kill me and then sue my wife because I was wearing mostly black on a semi-dreary day, or some guy might nudge me to the shoulder with his vehicle since he's "tired of sharing."

At least once I got out there I forgot all about them and enjoyed my ride.

Speaking of douchebags...

Hannah Montana Miller
(not that he's a douchebag) posted up his early tentative schedule for next year, and there was something that caught my eye. The Mountain State 100... I'd never heard of it before, and my long haired, hippy, post pubescent fellow messenger friend gave up very little information about the race. I clicked the link, but there was not a whole lot of information there either. My interest is sparked, but the lack of information is painful. Maybe the promoter is a cyclist, and I can stake out his house and wait for him to go for a road ride. Then I can follow him in my car, run him off the road in a secluded area, and drive back and forth over his legs until he tells me everything. From what I can tell I am within my rights to do so since it would seem that whatever I do to a cyclist while I'm behind the wheel of a car is okay. I'll get back to you as soon as I get done exercising my rights to the road.

9 comments:

Eric Wever / Pisgah Productions said...

'Maybe the promoter is a cyclist, and I can stake out his house and wait for him to go for a road ride. Then I can follow him in my car, run him off the road in a secluded area, and drive back and forth over his legs until he tells me everything.'

holy hell you're scaring me Rich. Please, if you ever need PMBAR secrets... just feed me a lot of beer, ok?

Anonymous said...

I have seen that race listed too and wondered. They do have a nice looking web site that is full of good information or so.

brado1 said...

PMBAR secrets?...Hell Feed me Beers and i'll let ya have'em



WV: bragon

Junk said...

The innertubes don't cough up much about mountainstate100.com other than the domain is registered to Joshua Blubaugh (hmmm). Supposedly he raced for Team Lake Effect out of Akron (go Zips) Ohio. His sponsor is http://www.bikeauthority.com/team.php. The Team Lake Effect website is nicht gut. Someone forgot to pay the hosting bill. He has a Facebook presence, but I won't totally bust him out.

Anonymous said...

I know longer road bike after being hit by a car in 2006. While waiting on the hwy patrol to show up a SUV stopped and asked what was wrong? After being told a cyclist was hit by a car, she replyed about time, they are always in the way.

I will stick to the trails where I have my self to blame for crashes.

Anonymous said...

http://blog.carbondrivesystems.com/_wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Carlos.Hodala.running.jpg

Dicky, this is raleigh's new ss cross frame, the hodala. If you look closely in the photo it appears there may be bolts inserted into water-bottle bosses on the seat-tube.

-Joey

R.Matthew Simmons said...

Unfortunately as people get more and more stressed about the economy and all it's effects on them personally, scape goats like cyclists are just going to become more and more common.
Perhaps this is unrelated but I've noticed more horn honking and just general rudeness between car commuters over the past year. Civility be dammed.

Solo Goat said...

mountain state 100 - i know the promoters, jacob fetty and shawn adams, i may end up helping out as well with sponsor, etc. may be other guys involved, but i am not sure of anybody else helping out. think they have a 100 miler mapped out already, not exactly sure where it is, but it is near where jacob resides in WV. not sure on any other specifics and/or races. i'll bug them and see what is up... stay tuned...

Anonymous said...

I wrote to that guy... (the guy who doesn't want bikes on the roads).... what a fucken dick head.

Probably some fat ass mother fucker who cries at every event in his life.


still hanging onto his mother's apron.



The little dependent fuck