Pages

Friday, January 21

Warning: Full nudity in today's post that isn't my nudity

More short track racing on the plate for this weekend. I've got a different plan this time around. By riding the Meatplow on Sunday I'll be on a five pound lighter machine that climbs more efficiently than the rig I piloted last week. I know I promised to not go ballistic at the start, but I really don't wanna be behind the one guy that lets the field split into two distinct groups thirty seconds into the race. Also, I think I'm gonna try to stay away from hitting the redline so often throughout the race. We'll see how that goes.

I think it will be dry enough this weekend to try the Shreddie the Corpse single speed version of the Superbeast, but I want a little redemption. I figured out that I was somewhere in the top 7 or 8 of 21 riders when I bailed, so I hope to be up in that mix again. One thing I know is that I stand a good shot at being the most improved rider from last week.

Hard to believe in less than two weeks I'll be in Arizona. Single Speed Arizona is right around the corner, and I'm stoked that I've finally joined the fray. Fellow Bike 29 team members Doug, Emily, Mandy, and George "El Diablo" Wisell will be in attendance as well, so this will sorta be like a training camp of sorts... but not really. Real training camps happen in exotic locations like Majorca or Cote d'Azur. This is more like summer camp for non-adults in February with a little bike riding and no team building workshops. Should be a great time as Dejay has spent countless hours scoping out the course.

Ewww... is that really Dejay?

Yeah, it looks familiar. I guess he pawned his hiking thong.

Once I get back from Arizona I'll have one more short track race before I hang up my Bicycles East togs and go back to endurance racing where I belong. Southern Cross is looming in the distance, and knowing that I have a 50+ mile dirt road race coming up is a wee bit intimidating since my longest ride lately has been closer to the one hour mark than the three hour mark.

Sticking with my "race my way to fitness" plan for 2011 I noticed an XC race down in South Carolina that actually fits the bill. Halfway between Southern Cross and the Six Hours of Warrior Creek, The Return to Killer Three couldn't come at a better time. With single speeders starting late in the day and going just 20 miles I can fool myself into calling it "training." This is not a definite for me, but if I feel the mood coming on I just might have to go down and check it out.

So here's to rubbing elbows and trading bike lube.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is about time you grab the right tool

George said...

there is no escaping Dejay's naked ass

Arleigh said...

You + Me at Return to Killer Three?

Emily said...

Come on, I bet we can fit in a team building workshop somewhere.

Anonymous said...

team building is for pussies

Anonymous said...

u suck!