Pages

Friday, January 8

Where are my opera glasses?

Headed out to Asheville tonight for Cyclocross Nationals.  A bit bummed that I will miss the 151 riders toeing the line in the "single speed" race today.   Woulda been a hoot.  Not sure I recognize many of those single speeders predicted to be in the top ten tho.

What? Me? Jealous?

Of course.

I wish I had the talent and strength to win... or maybe I don't because I would more than likely piss it away.  I guess what I'm thinking is, when you have 151 people signed up for the single speed class, would it hurt to have a separate pro category to give the little guys a chance?  I know the schedule it tight, but you got time for a donut race.  Emmaright?

Rain coming tomorrow, and sadly the bulk of the racing will be juniors.

So we'll be watching juniors slip and slide on what most have said is a very technical Euro course.  Hard to heckle struggling children.  I'll have to save my harsh feels for the "industry" race.  I don't think that will be a problem.  We already don't get along.

Looking forward to this.  Have been for awhile.  Good times are guaranteed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heckling kids is the bestest!

Anonymous said...

Heckle for me, I'll be riding in Pee-Yay!