Pages

Thursday, May 31

In and Out: Sad Dad Burgers™

I'm leaving tomorrow for the Pisgah Enduro™.  I basically had enough time to undo all the things from last week and put them in order again for more bike race making (be it great or not so much).

I can still feel il Giro in my legs, but at least most of the courses are primarliy downhill this weekend (with a deadly amount of climbing transfers in between).  The overall life-timing is tight, but with my family out of town and knowing what a good time this event is from previous years past?

It's almost a no-brainer.

"Almost" because I still need to get all the right shit together.  If my lack of preparation for il Giro taught me anything, it's that over-prepared is actually just prepared.

I still need to sort out if I'm racing the Vertigo Meatplow V.7 or the JaBronSSon.

With Thomas "Hat Man" Turner off doing a stage race in Wakanda (or some other fictional place), the Hard Ass Class (full rigid) is wide open.  He's been known to best many of the squishy goggle faces, even getting into the top ten overall last year on the world's least endurbly bike.  I know Tonyan will put up a fight (on the course and quite possibly in a ditch) in the Hard Ass Class, but the JaBronSSon is still an untested-in-battle-work-in-progress.

I've still yet to get it to the mountains, and I just added an oval ring to the mix on Tuesday to further muddy the waters.

So, I really don't know what to do.

In the end, all that thinking don't matter much.  Just going there to have fun hanging out with the tribe and fill two of my remaining days on this planet with bike-related distractions while my body can still "enjoy" it.

... and it just got postponed until August as of noon today, so... doh.

No comments: