Pages

Monday, February 25

Just like that, it Fappened

The Watts Fappening 4 happened and nobody was (permanently) injured.

I thought Watts and Dorothy would be at my house around noon, but at 12:08, I got the text that they hadn't even left Greensboro yet.  I called to confirm... yeth.  That wasn't a joke.

Eat a sad lunch, post up the delay on the event page, watch the rain fall from my living room window.

They roll up around 2:00 (the actual start time of the Fap), assemble their tandem which was shoved in the back of their Honda Fit, we roll out in the drizzle towards the first stop.

Skip and Moe were already there, as well as Jim.  Order a beer.. Bill Nye, Daily, and Tod roll in.  Everyone is moist.

We prepare to roll on to the next stop, the rain picks up... order another beer.

We decide that since the rain will probably stymie the normal brewery crowds, we'll skip Rhino Market and head to Triple C where we pick up Lars... somehow... at an unplanned stop.  More beer and then roll over to Blue Blaze.

Cool.  It's still wet outside.

Sigh.  Now for the big pull all the way across town to Birdsong, road soda under the overpass (possibly inspiring a Watts Fappening 5 theme of drinking beer wherever homeless people relieve themselves).

Did anyone know that Trade Street is big time closed?  Like sidewalks and everything?  We didn't... and before we knew how muddy it would be to try and cut through, we were ankle deep in it.

Safe and mud-covered at Birdsong, met The Pie and Boppit there... she leaves with a growler and my puppy.  Beer and then on to The Spoke Easy...

Don't ask me specifically how, but I end up off the back of the group and then turnt around and then essentially lost.  I miss the turn on the greenway, forget that Hawthorne is closed, try to cut through the neighborhood, not wanna take my phone out to navigate because rain...

Dammit.

Eventually, I'm unlost and probably a half hour behind the group.  Bill Nye suggests we now eat something, I go for my credit card... doh.  I left it at Birdsong.  Wolf down my food, ride all the way back to Birdsong, get my card, ride back to Spoke...

And I don't know at what time we leave, but we do.  Stop in Freedom Park to take a break... hit Lucky Lou's to catch the karaoke folk.  It was much excite.

And I think that's that.  Much less debauchery than in previous years, but I got what I wanted out of it.  Home safe and in bed by 12:30, ten hours after it all began, still capable of teaching myself how to install a dishwasher solo in less than four hours without cutting a finger off on Sunday. Buenos.

No comments: