Pages

Thursday, March 7

Weekends like these...

I picked pretty much the worst possible time (in known history) to turn fifty and enter the era of old people racing.  Yet another weekend coming up where dirt ride possibilities are terribly limited.  Not only am I primary dog/child caregiver starting tonight, it gonna rain.  Again.  Because that's what it do.

And the trainer I bought for The Pie so many years ago continues to collect dust in the murder room/crawl space under the house.  As much as I wanted to be "fast at fifty," I just can't do that to myself.  Bike riding is an outdoor activity.

Nothing against those that train indoors.  They want whatever it is they want much more than I have since some time around 1995 or so when I lived in Ohio.

My best opportunity to get in the saddle will be Sunday.  Unless I wanna cage Boppit and deal with the massive drool cleanup (think Katrina), it's my only window where he can be left outta the crate with some supervision.  It will be warm and moist... but I just cleaned all the unfortunate Watts Fappening related mud off the By:Stickel Beer Fetcher, the obvious bike of choice for around town boredom crushing.

So... yet another thumb-twiddling, navel-gazing weekend on deck.

Hardly training for anything much at all.

Positive note: I'm finally trying to focus on what I might be doing for the months following PMBAR.  Feels good to be making some kinda plan(s).

Also,  Podcasts.

I've been listening to them for years now.  Mostly bike-related at first, then branching out into other interests (I guess I have some).  Anyways, I've been wondering if that's the best thing to be constantly piping into my head.  Without taking quiet times to just think, is there a correlated drop in the tendency to have a creative thought?  Opinion forming?  Crazy idea exploring?  Fantasizing?  Is having voices speaking to you that aren't yours cluttering up the works and keeping things from firing on all cylinders?

Anyone?  Anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all about balance. Spend time hearing other people's words. Spend quiet time contemplating all of the words in your head, or nothing at all.

Anonymous said...

it's all about the music