Pages

Friday, July 12

You'll be swell...

Progress Report.

Sunday: Minimal everything.  Two dog walks, a movie and lunch with the daughter, bike maintenance, keeping the couch from floating up to the ceiling.  No riding of bikes because three days of greenway grinding in insane temps was enough.  If my body didn't need the break, my brain part certainly did.

Monday: Try to do my morning exercises.  Lower myself to the floor, try to sit up, can't.  Don't know why I thought I'd be able to, considering I had a hard time just getting outta bed.  Flip over, try to push up.  Can't.  Meh.  Curls?  Can do.  Probably the most pointless of all the things I do, but I do it anyways.  Also, first day back on the tarck bike for work.  It's mostly painless, unless I forget to be careful when dismounting.

Tuesday: Getting outta bed isn't all that bad.  The bruising on my left side is fading nicely.  I'm no longer looking like a technicolor leopard.  I feel good enough at work that I consider the Tuesday Night Backyard Ride.  Go home, ride around in front of the house, loft the front wheel a bit here and there, realize that all it might take is one stupid move or fall to re-injure myself, head to trivia night at the Common Market instead.  Drink three beers, win trivia night, also win two free future beers.  I'd say I made the right call.

Trivia Wieners 

Wednesday: I think I signed up for the Fonta Flora Barnburner 50k.  I mean, I signed up for it... just mebbe on this very day.  It's pretty far out (October), and I wish I had more to do than just Breck Epic between now and mid-October, but what are you gonna do?  Ended the day really, really, really thinking about heading to the mountains this weekend to test my side parts.  One month to get fit (again) for Breck, so the next few weekends are gonna matter.

Thursday: More of the same.  Feeling better.  Actually looking forward to sneezing at this point.  Mebbe a little bummed that I opted outta Dirt Rag Dirt Fest WV... but only mebbe.  I'm sure sleeping in a cot for multiple nights and over-doing EVERYTHING that I might do at a Fest wouldn't speed up a full recovery, so perhaps I chose wisely.

Things are looking up.  My FOMO on everything is waning, as is my desire to do something stupid like buy a garvel bike or a van to fill my emptiness.  I'm even in the early stages of planning a Bentonville trip this fall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bentonville?? As in Bentonville, AR?

dicky said...

yeth.

TJ Morton said...

I have exactly ONE ride on my new gravel bike - and maybe a half a pound of dust in my lungs. But the parts that weren’t dusty sure were purty!

Secretary of the Ministry said...

We won! Suck it normal people!