Pages

Tuesday, May 18

Captain Crunch Time

I am "blessed" that this week will be La Vida Bachelor.  I do have to work, but with The Pie outta town, I can spend my evenings pacing around the house grabbing things I'll never need (and some I will) for Trans-Sylvania Epic and putting them into boxes and bags.

I'm considering this the box of the things I better not need and hope to leave in the car all week long:

 
Do I think I'll need a spare dropper, crabon frok, saddle, helmet, chain ring, or cranks?  Prolly not.  Tires and TruckerCo sealant?   Definitely mebbe.  I'm bringing my Vassago Meatplow V.8 as backup and spare wheels...

Because TSE is harder on equipment than just about any stage race I've ever been to.  I'll never forget the year that the porch at Upper Eagle was turned into a Lefty Triage Unit.

My stoke level is high for next week.  I got in a hum dinger of a ride this past Saturday, which makes me think I got the legs to at least survive a slightly above conversational pace for five days.

It was the best 25 mile ride turned into a 36 mile ride that I've been on in a long time.

Bick cheese...

Dick cheese.

It was a long day of riding for three guys with six water bottles between them.  Also, Beehive just got slotted into my top five Pisgah trails... so there's that.  I'd say "descents," but with all the recent online debate surrounding such things, I'll stick with "trail."  Climb it if you'd like.  I'll yield as best I can on a 30% grade.

I got home just in time to train for the other difficult aspect of TSE.  I walked in my house at 7:10 and back out at 7:25 to head to the Spoke Easy's We Love Bikes Party.  As an old, I have a hard time leaving the house after 7:00PM, mostly because I don't feel like I'll stay out late enough to justify the effort.

So I ended up coming home around...

Ouch but whole body training is the only way to go IMHOMO.  Also, it was sooooo nice to catch up with familiars, so much so that five hours only felt like mebbe two.

I missed my little friends.

1 comment:

Johnny said...

You rode up Beehive?
I would think anybody riding up Beehive has the right of way.