Pages

Tuesday, August 25

It's just a rabbit

How I feel like life is coming at me RN:

I mean, it was my own doing, but I saw it all coming months ago, and now it's inside the castle.

BTW: Mad respect for the Monty Python crew to throw the comedic rule of three in the waste bin and go straight to five (which should be right out) all the way back in 1975.

I knew the back half of summer going into fall was gonna feel packed.  An audible to do ORAMM, two weeks later, Old Fort Fifty, then to DC with The Pie for the Foo Fighters (and to witness the continuation of the fall of democracy), and now Girona Gravel-cation is around the corner.

I didn't take a lot of photos in DC.  I never do much of that kinda thing, mostly tryna live in the moment and take it all in.

Quick visit to the Reflecting Pool, a fine reflection of our nation in this time.

"Filthy dirty," the locutions of our master orator.

Sorry, no pictures of the Hot Wheels Track being assembled in the heart of DC, making getting from museum to museum pretty much a PMBAR-type challenge with no map, no trail markers, and obstacles pretty much everywhere... and National Guardsmen apparently "guarding" something... and police skwonking their sirens at you if you don't use the crosswalks... even when the streets are closed.

I'm not the guy to pull out my phone and block people's view, so this was the one quick "I was here" photo I took from our seats we barely sat in.

So yeah, Girona is coming, and I'm dumbly doing this:

What a strange ten months it's been.  I've sold three (about to be four) bikes and bought and built three.  32" wheels have changed everything for me, and I've allowed myself to admit that I like noodle bar biking enough to push my chips in to the center of the table with the TKO.  With no "real" racing on the near horizon, it's time to ride and smile and...

Oh shit.  Single Speed Worlds is in October.  I have no more of a plan than scheduled time off, a hotel room, and a desire to bring one 32" bike and two sets of wheels.  It's all this mucking about that has me not moving the needle much when it comes to deciding if some sort of HorNNN Cat can happen in '26.  It does require some planning, and as I just mentioned, I already have one very unplanned thing I'm committed to do still on my plate.  I went on a shitty urban mountain bike ride as a sort of proof of concept for a new route, and I'm not feeling too good about it.  Dammit.

Oh well.

Time to finish building a bike, dial in the suspension, and hopefully get a ride or two on it before hanging it on the wall for a couple weeks.  

No comments: