Pages

Friday, February 22

Humpy Wattsday

Tomorrow... this:

The fourth in a series of annual things to do (but shouldn't be done) in February.  It was never a great idea to begin with, but somehow like that strange lump on the back of your head or your big, crusty toenail you refuse to cut, it stays there in the most possible to ignore manner.  I guess what with the weather we're gonna be getting, what other reason would I have to leave the house this weekend?  Just when I built all that fitness up shart tarck racing, here starts the downward spiral.

At least I get to hang out with Watts.  This will give us the opportunity to pre-plan our plan to fail at PMBAR in a few months time.  Also get to see the faces of Dorothy and Skip and Moe from VA.  Oh, and Bill Nye TSG.  I don't know who's gonna bother coming other than that, but I guess anyone who is randomly in any of the places we visit gets to be a part of the Fappening either as willing participant or horrified witness.

Starting at the Common Market Southend at 2:00PM (earlier if you want to eat a loaf of artisanal bread or something), heading to Rhino Market (thus ending the "market portion" of our beer tour), carousing towards Blue Blaze Brewing and then Birdsong.  After that, audibles may be called, but keeping the goal of hitting The Spoke Easy at least an hour before their supposed "closing time."

FYI: I won a $60 Spoke Easy gift card at the Winter Shart Tarck series, so it's time to see if I can use it on beer.

Last but not least, I can't believe it's gonna be around 70° on Sunday AND THE TRAILS IN CHARLOTTE ARE GOING TO BE A MESS.

I miss mountain biking.  I'm tired of dressing up like a fisherman to go to work every day.  Beers can only be an umbrella for so long... I'm told.

Show up tomorrow or don't.  Buy Watts a beer and/or make fun of his current facial hair growthings.

Or ask him about his recent trip to Israel and whether or not he prefers his camels with one hump or two  Spoiler alert, it's two.  Not because of anything sexual, he just likes to think that humps like company.

No comments: