Pages

Monday, April 29

Well. Huh.

Well.

Huh.

What I wanted was a longer ride in DuPont on Saturday.  Mileage.  A renewed sense of how to ride a rigid bike in the mountains, being that I can't even remember the last time I've done such a thing.  With PMBAR a week away, seemed like a great idea.

We ended up bringing Andy on his first ever ride in the mountains... which at first might sound like a bad idea.  He ended up handling 25+ miles like a champ, while myself??

Well.

Huh.

I guess I bumped my saddle time up a bit too much last week, or at least with a bit too much enthusiasm.  I was kinda sore when I woke up Thursday, but I went after it anyways.  Friday morning, I was even more blasted... but at least it was just a leisurely commute/ride to the Mayor's Ride to Breakfast... followed by a commute home that evening with a ridonkulous tailwind.

Still, Saturday...

Well.

Huh.

My legs were still a little fried.  I had wanted to go 30+ miles at a pace two healthy adults could maintain with minimal stops.  I got a little less mileage with a lot more stops and breaks... and still...

Well.

Huh.

I woke up Sunday morning with an impressive backache.  That's new.  Just above my waist, mostly on the right side, but on the left as well.  Powering through, I just went ahead and crawled up on my roof at 7:45AM and started cleaning gutters and doing house shit.  Crouching, scooting about, tossing pollen and leaves asunder... doing whatever else needed to be done so I could be free to do a mellow paced ride on greenways and over to Open Streets 704 with Bill Nye and Dr Mike... and Andy and Daily.

Guess what?

My back pain had increased.

Well.

Huh.

Probably rode 30 miles about town, came home, showered, relaxed... mowed the lawn, watched Boppit from the comfort of my hammock be a maniac puppy.

Woke up today with the same sore back I started with yesterday.

Well.

Huh.

PMBAR is five days away.

Pardon me, but I may go quiet for a few days while I rethink every decision I've ever made.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what you get for taking #2 on the podium at the mayor's ride and enjoying that second cut of egg meat mash.

NordieBoy said...

I mowed the lawn with a non-powered mower and the next week was a little lower-backish...
Won't do that again...

glen said...

don't sweat it. it will clear up and all will be good. just take it easy for a few days.but ,keep moving,when you rest you rust....