Pages

Thursday, November 12

Keeping up with the Bones's

I meant to get an early start, but the super awesome combination of a spring storm in the Fall with a bunch of leaves means flooded yards and clogged drains.  Idle hands are the devil's workshop, so NOT TODAY, SATAN.

We all knew the rain was coming.  I tried to make hay whilst the sun did shine and get as much trail time as I could.

Not all rides are in the mountains, but all mountain rides deserve pizza. 

Sometimes sour gummy bears because they require zero oven time.

A wonderful day in Pisgah when two joyful groups magically came as one.

Not all rides are in the mountains either, which is okay... I guess.

But there's no place that I'd rather be than right here...

Rednecks...

Low socks...

And a stop in Asheville for (pretentious) beer.

The leaves are pretty tho...

When they're up in the trees where they belong and not clogging my fucking drains.

Local solo rides back to back on Monday and Tuesday.

Decided I'd finally give that feature I built a long time ago a shot on my turgid bike since riding it squashed did not kill me.  I did not die (obvs).

I took a pause to look at the rock work.  I can remember dragging the giant "on ramp" rock a fair distance through the woods to its final resting place.  I love rock Tetris, but I don't know if all these years later I'd be moving such a large stone by myself again.  Being that there's shit all over town that I built with rocks that didn't pan out as well, it's a bit of a gamble. 

If you're ever riding USNWC leaving South Main heading to the Lake Loop and you wonder why there's a random pile of quartz-looking stones on the side of the trail... ?

Yeah, me.

It also seemed like it was time to do this:

I rode the Flaanimal 5.0 to work for an entire month before doing a cockpit and gear swap on the tarck bike and putting it back into action.  I immediately realized what I was missing.  I swear I can feel the drag of a derailleur, the 1.5 pounds of extraneous shifty bits pulling me to the earth's core, the desire to cut the sleeves off all my shirts waning...

I was day dreaming about Zwift'ing.

Gotta put a quick end to that.

42 X 20 based on a little more than an answer I farmed from social media and some guesswork.  One ride yesterday, and I'm pretty sure it's not enough.  Back home and mounted a 19 and...

Now it's raining in the biblical sense.  I guess Dog is pissed that his chosen one got voted out.

But hey, NC is going Red, so give us a break mebbe?

1 comment:

rick said...

could your shoes BE more orange?