Pages

Wednesday, March 10

See Dick do things. Do things, Dick, do.

 Looking at the future...

The Triple Dip '21 is this weekend.  I don't know entirely what to expect.  It's like the old Tour duh Charlotte that Faster Mustache used to put on here in Charlotte, but this is somewhere down in South Carolina.  There will be some "racing?"  I guess?  At least I won't be taking part in putting it on and just be there for my personal pleasures.  I'll have to drive down, so it will be more about bikes and buddies and less about the beer.  Obvs there will be some kinda report next week.

The Whole Enchilada is happening (so soon again?) at the end of the month.  

I was going into this thinking full guns blazing at the start of the year, but then someone told me that the single speed category was no longer.  They gave it one try last October, three signed up, two showed, and that's that.   I'm bummed, not because I want another "easy" podium, but because if you wanna grow categories... you start somewhere.  Also, the last time they held the event (with a TT start) was back when people were still thinking "is this safe?" and we pretty much figured out "yeth, it can be," so mebbe numbers will be up this year?  Now it's 40+ or open men for me, and I just don't know how I feel about that.  They're doing the TT start again, and while I was pretty desperate to do anything late last year, racing head to head at Winter Shart Tarck was certainly more excite.  Then there's the special trip out there to pick up my number plate after work the week before the race (will they tell my my stuff isn't ready so just get it before the race on Saturday AGAIN?).

*sigh*

I try so hard to like you.  Why you no like me USNWC?

Just got the email yesterday that the 6 Hours of Warrior Creek is a GO for 2021 AND registration opens tonight at 6:00PM (for those that aren't carrying registrations over from 2020).

Much stoke as Barlow and I are once again pre-unprepared to beat our own dicks off in the Duo SS class.  Of course, there's everybody's favorite COVID PROTOCOLS to make this event happen in the first place.  Best behavior kiddos, or recess will be canceled.  Interesting enough, I got the email while I was waiting in line for my first vaccine dose.

Can you smell it?

AND...

I signed up for the Shenandoah Mountain 100 just before the price increase.

I lost some of whatever pride I still have left after fifty one years on this planet when I DNF'ed last year.  I entered with a "what else is there to do?" mentality, and now I'm not satisfied with the possibility of ending my SM 100 "legacy" in that manner.  I gotta finish this one.  I entered the single speed category and not the 50+, and I'll probably second guess my decision about three times a day from now till then.   I'm kinda hoping they do that staggered start again.  Mebbe it kinda took the race in a strange direction, but it was the least crowded experience I've had at the SM100 (aside from standing on the side of the trail with all my tools and shit watching the entire back of the field go by a very frustrated me).

The Trans-Sylvania Mountain Bike Epic stage race... just... might... work... out.  If we stay on our current A/B week schedule at work.  Or if we all just go back to work and I take the time off.  I should know something... someday?  Soon?  ish?

The Breck Epic.  I totally can't go if we stay on A/B weeks going into August.  If we start working like normal, I'm gonna need to possibly scramble for flights and accommodations... something I usually have 100% sorted out by this time of year under normal circumstances.  I want to be there.  Up there.  In the air once more.

Everybody and their brother and their mother and their sister is asking me what I know about Pisgah Productions events in 2021.  All I know is what you know:

"Hey Everybody! All required permit applications for the 2021 Pisgah Productions race season are in and pending approval. We will announce dates and all other pertinent information once authorization..."

Which means we all know something and nothing at once.  If they decide to do some dem, then I'm gonna do some dem.  Another year without PMBAR would be like another year without...

well...

Yeth, it's like that, and that's the way it is.

Other than that, once I get another shot in my arm, and mebbe Bill Nye or Barlow or Watts gets some more shots in their respective arms, mebbe we can go on some kinda extended play date.  

Hope in one hand, shit in the other... then wash your hands.  Thoroughly.  Then stop shitting in hands.

No comments: