Pages

Friday, September 1

Final Horny Countdown

This is the last post before the Horny Cat 69 donation period shuts down Sunday at midnight... a post which is being written on my couch... while watching Equalizer after just finishing Equalizer 2.

So don't fucking expect poetry.

There's not much left to say.  The weather forecast looks great... except there's a 100% chance of stupidity looking at weather forecasts this far out.  Suffice to say, it's only $10.  Throw it down now or just miss out on this once in my lifetime non-event.  I'm not saying it will never happen again, but it does add to my own work-related, race-related, other-related nightmares.  As someone who loses sleep over rogue socks, this is a big one.

I've done the math on the party budget, and let's just saying kiddie pooling the money together means we'll have plenty of beer and pizza.  Add in the additional beer from various other sources, and we should be able to go long into the... evening.  I think I might just keep all the prizes for the best karaoke performance at Lucky Lou's that night.  I probably won't do it, but it seems like a very Denzel thing to do.  His chief weapon is surprise...and beer.  His two chief weapons are surprise and beer and ruthless karaoke.

I digest.

As I said before, if we get weathered out, we will do this on September 23.  If that get's weathered out, I'll donate all the money to the Tarheel Trailblazers, and we can pat ourselves on the back for all the tools we bought.

I'm as excited as I am nervous for putting on something.  I wanna have fun.  I think this will be... "fun."  I'm super jealous that I can't take part because I need to take some responsibility for the happy ending.  It's honestly a good ride and a genuine challenge.  I hate you and love you all at the same time.  If I wasn't such an anal-compulsive maniac, I'd be riding with yinz.  I so wanna.  But I'm a control freak, so I'll start things off, do one "sweep lap" on the first bit of trail, and then head back the house and wait for yinz to show back up.

And I will do my best to take that party into the good night.

I've pounded the virtual pavement long enough.  I have the money of fifty plus individuals which is about half as many as I could tolerate and twice as many as I expected.  I know I'll regret this the morning after, but such is life.  Clean up only lasts hours.  Glory last for days.  Maybe as many as three.

My (smol) house and (smol) driveway is relatively open.  Reach out to me if crashing is your best option.  You could make a whole day of this.  A weekend perhaps.

No more pissing around.  If you wanna do this, send me an email at SMELLYCAT100K at hotmail dot com, and I'll shoot you back my VENMO deets for the $10 payment.  All the real pre-details are here in the original post.

I've got to go now.  Denzel is about to kill a bunch of people in Home Mart, Aisles 3-11, and he really likes to keep Aisle 5 clean.

No comments: