Pages

Wednesday, September 2

Noodle Bar Hero (got stars in his eyes)

Shitake mushrooms.

I leave for the Girona Gravel-Cation on Saturday.  All the last minute stuff to be done is overwhelming enough as it is... packing, planning, head scratching... what can I fit in whatever bags I have for the over-nighter to the coast... when to mow my "lawn"...

On top of all that...   

I got 32" #2 all built up and ridden on Thursday before the rain came in.  I am not disappoint.  After riding almost entirely rigid on trails since January, it was a welcome relief.  I didn't have much time, so I went out and did some of the stupid local things I don't do on a rigid bike anymore.  This stupid wall drop, the cannon jumps out at the Backyard Trails...

And I got one more ride in over the weekend before putting it up on the wall.

For the "I don't have room to store a 32" bike" crowd.  There's two in my tiny house.

And lastly, before I boogie.

The Pie and I recently found out we could retire from jerhbs sooner than we thought.  We'd been "saving" but not really "planning."  Conservative YOLO'ing, if you will.

That has taken up whatever remaining mental capacity I have at the moment.  Staring at screens with numbers and chicken scratching on notepads and calculating and internally debating the pros and cons of jerhb vs no jerhb.  Pretty sure my "plan" changes every two days.

Probably not how one goes or at least should go into retirement.

Whatever.

I'm gonna do my best to separate myself from this kinda thinking for nine or so days and enjoy pedaling a noodle bar bike around Girona and hanging with good frands.

Then... back to the grind and focusing on riding my bike in the woods.

No comments: