Pages

Thursday, December 31

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick Jennifer Beal's ass

Without constant internet access at work I don't spend as much time as I used to looking at my stats. When I do get around to it I'm still dumbstruck when I find a mention of my blog on an MTB forum from another nation. There's a part of me that is pleased as punch to be an international man of misery, but in some ways I feel pretty ignorant. Knowing that people there are people in the world who speak English as a SECOND language well enough that they are willing to read my incoherent babble always makes me feel inferior as my foreign language skills are only good for things like counting, initial introductions, swearing, and asking where the library is located.

Recently I got a decent amount of traffic from this thread on ForoMTB.com. Being that my Spanish is limited to "Donde esta casa de Pepe?" I used babelfish (not an actual babelfish, but the Yahoo tool) to get a loose translation:

Cactus: You throw a look to this blog, especially what it counts than found in its I9 bushing. Bad Devises Racing: AT least someone's looking out for me It pulls ahead, all to watch the bushings.

raposu: cone cactus, ten well-taken care of with TeamDicky because it is an addictive uncle. Of funniest than it has that way… and in person you divide the ass to you with. Of all ways, to Dicky those of Industry Nine sponsorizan to him, they have left more or less near house and it knows the people of I9… although it is not strange to me that the same has been invented it.

Cactus: Apparently those of I9 are almost neighboring his, and since Dickie had made the trapallada one clear pawls to save weight, the such Drew, that it must be the gurĂº of I9 put the “sorpresita to him” to dissuade to him if returned it to repeat… And yes, blog is muuuuy good, I take awhile entertained with him.


Besides the mild amusement I get from phrases like "addictive uncle", "person you divide the ass to you with", and "I take awhile entertained with him" I was also to see that Drew (at Industry 9) is now held in pretty high regard internationally as the "gurĂº of I9". I think Drew needs to print this off, storm into the higher offices at Industry Nine (actually just down the hall), and demand the pay worthy of a guru.

For those that are dying to be in the know so they can appear to be the most knowledgeable Team Dicky fan at the water cooler this morning this is how far along I am with my new bike project:

Sorry, but I had to blur out the size to omit potential correct guesses on my new frame. It wouldn't take too much research to figure what frame uses a 29.37 Thomson seatpost. That's as far as I've gotten with the project thus far as most of the other parts will just be removed from the MOOTS and reinstalled in the appropriate places on the new frame.

Totally unrelated topic. I watched District 9 last night, and it was awesomely awesome (more awesomely awesome than the soon to be available, all new, re-designed Awesome Strap). It was a like Rowdy Roddy Piper's movie They Live...



mixed with a little Shaun of the Dead



with a little bit of Flashdance



All right, there was no Flashdance type material in the film. Maybe I was thinking about Transformers, but I do think a little Jennifer Beals hawtness mighta been the only thing keeping District 9 from being an Oscar contender.

See you next year (figuratively speaking, unless I actually see you next year).

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rich- are you coming to my side of the custom bike world?

Mike B.

dicky said...

Yes, I want a special bike that uses a seat post only made by Thomson and Kalloy. To hell with standard standards.

Viva IF!!!!!!!!

Fort James said...

Damn you Dicky, ruin our weekend . . .

Anonymous said...

LUIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word verification: triste

Which reminds me...
Did you ever find a place to bed down for P36?

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you get the Kalloy?

Cane Creek's shims work purty good and are easily accessible.

Andrew Brautigam said...

29.4 = IF or thylacine.

the original big ring said...

Your pen written correspondences on technological systems spread on the web on inter makes my think ontop shoulders want to read more and fun.

Year end wishes for merriment celebrate times jovial with beverage of ferment in hand.

Sexy time.

2.73333 is all I need

Cheers

dicky said...

P36 sleeping arrangements? I plan on sleeping in the kettle of chili.

Anonymous said...

28.6? could it be some tubes from near san fran?

drew said...

I'm not a guru, I'm a latin pop sensation.

Fort James said...

WAIT. Did you first comment always say Viva IF????? I totally missed that yesterday. Nice choice.

dicky said...

It did, and I was messing with Mike.

Jon Danger said...

the old Ti Fat Chances used a 29.4 seatpost