Pages

Tuesday, August 17

Should it hurt when I pee?

I've had a saddle sore that won't go away since I finished the Trans Sylvania Epic back in early June. This is not one of those ideal saddle sores, the ones that resemble a candy corn and beg to be popped with a sharp pin like a balloon attached to an unsuspecting happy child in need of a life lesson.

No, this sore is the other variety. It's not even located on my taint. It's more or less in the mid-quadrant of my left sub-taint, the area that taint balls, taint asshole, and taint thigh, and instead of being the ideal candy corn variety it's more like a Mike and Ike placed 2mm below my outer epidermal layer.

Sunday night I did everything the proverbial "they" tell you not to do. I poked it, I squoze it, I did everything short of taking a hammer and a Dremel to it, but yet my efforts were never rewarded. Monday I woke up with a slightly bruised mid-quadrant of my left sub-taint. Last night I soaked in the tub while listening to Rob Zombie, and today it looks a lot better. Speaking of which, I got a new camera....

Sorry, I didn't take a photo of the mid-quadrant of my left sub-taint. I know you were wanting a better mental picture that wasn't based on candy comparisons, but I couldn't get the lighting perfect. How about a picture of my stage racing knee scars instead?

Hopefully I can stay off my knee at the Breck Epic. I don't wanna go three wounds for three stage races, and I'm definitely not in the mood to see this thing open again.

Why a new camera? Well you may remember a coupla weeks ago I received an anonymous cash donation of $66 in the mail. I went out looking for something that would help me make great bike race in Breckenridge next week, but I was coming up empty handed. I wanted a new puffy coat to stay warm at night, but there were no close-outs (clothes-outs for Thad) in my size. I thought about a new sleeping bag, but the gap between $66 and something that woulda been better than what I already have was quite large. Then I gave this random purchase some thought. I'm gonna be out of town for the next month plus, so I probably won't have as much time in front of a computer with the flying and racing and building the Tallboy and working and whatnot. Since the blog will suffer some loss of quality with all the fun I'll be having I decided if I can't be wordy I might as well be visually enhanced.

The best camera the Dillen family owned was a 5.1 Megapixel Sony Cyber-Shot with 3X zoom that I found in the street years ago. It honestly weighs over 1/2 a pound and is quite cumbersome in a jersey pocket, so I never carry it with me. The new camera weighs less than 1/4 lb, is a 12.2 Megapixel with 4 X zoom, and fits nicely in my pocket, so the hope here is that I carry it with me to some high places and take some photos to supplement my future lack of wordiness.

Yes, I am going to get really lazy very soon. How lazy? I'm hoping that I can come back from Breckenridge, leave the Meatplow in the case, build the Tallboy, race it at the Shenandoah 100 and the Pisgah Bad Ass, and then fly to Canada for the Crank the Shield stage race with my already in the case since Breck Epic dirt covered Meatplow. That's some thinking going into some laziness there.

Speaking of Crank the Shield there are three course preview videos over on cyclingdirt.org. I watched them over the weekend and got slightly excited over the prospect of seeing new (to me) trails very soon. Looks like a good mix of doubletrack, singletrack, and good times in a very beautiful area of Canadia that I've never seen before.

As a proper Stanley man would say "I'm feeling some major stokage."

STAGE 1


Visit beta.cyclingdirt.org for more Videos


STAGE 2

Visit beta.cyclingdirt.org for more Videos


STAGE 3

Visit beta.cyclingdirt.org for more Videos

7 comments:

Eric Wever / Pisgah Productions said...

1. Get a 'janitors chain' and attach it to the camera lanyard so you can take photos while riding and not have to worry about making the choice between hitting that rock one handed or dropping the camera.

2. You forgot to mention that you're racing the Double Dare.

dicky said...

What, pray tell, do I attach the janitor chain to since I am a racer boi with no hydration pack to speak of?

What's this "Double Dare"? Sounds like horseplay and shenanigans.

Eric Wever / Pisgah Productions said...

I guarantee there will be equal parts racing and shenanigans at the Double Dare.... and you know this! maaaaan!

Shane S. said...

Dude, acne medication(Salicylic acid) works like a charm on the saddle sores. It'll dry up candy land in no time!

Mike said...

Dickie,
You have an infected butt-hair folical. I used to get them all the time when I did Bike Virginia in the heat and humidity back in the day. Neosporin on the barnical growth and go commando during the day. Let it breath man.

Sir Chico Demonte III said...

I would suggest that you stab that sore with a semi-clean x-acto knife. It worked great for me, till I got that staph infection. On second thought don't stab it with the x-acto.

Anonymous said...

yah probably have ghonnareah mon!