Pages

Thursday, August 19

Solace

Yesterday started as a suckfest. Things were so slow at work I called it a day at 3:00PM. I headed home and decided to make the most of my new found free time. Once I got home I went to start typing on my next Dirt Rag article since I was pretty sure I was up against a September 7th deadline and a very tight schedule what with all the making great bike race and glamorous travel, but after checking my email I saw the deadline is actually listed as 10.7.

10 = October

Deadline fail.

Primary and secondary meh.

So I went for a walk with The Pie when she got off work, but I made sure to keep the house in sight just in case the UPS man showed up with...


The Tallboy

I would hear a loud accelerating truck now and then that would get my heart racing, but the brown beast never came during our walk. I got back home and hopped in the shower. At least I'd be able to make it over to the local XC race to see the SRAM rep so I could threaten him with very unmanly hugs unless he was willing to part with some very much needed 2X10 tidbits. As The Pie was leaving for yoga the UPS man backed into my neighbors driveway, turned around, and disappeared.

Delivery fail.

Tertiary meh.

I killed time doing something next to nothing not wanting to get to the race soooo early that there would be nothing to do or see. I left the house at 5:30, got there at 5:50, and as I was walking towards the start/finish line I saw what appeared to be the giant SRAM van LEAVING the parking lot. I strolled over to Donald Butler and the boys from Bike Source to find out if they knew what was up with the SRAM guy. One of them told me that the SRAM guy was there earlier so shop oriented folk could ride around on the new XO/X9 stuff, but he packed up his shit and left (obviously) when the common folk arrived.

My whole reason for being at the race was based on this line in an email that went out to all the racery folks in Charlotte:

SRAM @ Renni: Our friends from SRAM will have the new 2 x 10 bikes on display.

SRAM douche fail.

Quaternary douchey meh.

I stuck around to watch my friends race and to proove to myself that my new point and shoot is no better than my old point and shoot when it comes to taking action shots.

One decent shot of Chris Muddiman, but I hear this guy never takes a bad photo.

Camera fail.

Quinary meh.

I did see Lopes' molester van in the parking lot on my way home.

I guess some local Charlottean bought it from Lopes earlier this year, but funny enough it still smells like Jovan Musk and spray tan.

I best watch what I'm doing. I don't wanna be wearing one of these at any time in the near future:

So anyways, I went home reflecting on my multi-level failure day and found solace in a cold beer. I can always count on you beer...

but wait, what's this?

Sediment of some sort? Must be all that added sugar settling to the bottom or is that just my dashed dreams stuck to the inside of a beer bottle.

Senary beer meh?

I think not. I will never let a little ambiguous sediment separate me from beer.

Life can't be that bad. I'm going leaving town in two days for the Breck Epic.

I'M GOING TO COLORADO...

AND THEN I'M GETTING SOME SALAD!

7 comments:

drew said...

Sierra nevada often has those yeast deposites in the bottles, especially in the 22oz version.

WV= rerclown

Anonymous said...

dude you make me laugh

zod said...

Rich you should demand free beer like Doug & Bob McKenzie. www.YouTube.com/watch?v=KWzdOKCb-Gw

TheMutt said...

Thanks for the photo. My race went to shit after that, but whatever. It's almost time to ditch the gears.

cornfed said...

"I'm going leaving town in two days"

You're just giving me something to live for aren't you?

CB2 said...

The UPS truck has such a distinctive rumble.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the SN Tumbler? Get the Big Boy Bottle. 8^)