Pages

Wednesday, October 20

Idaho Mule Deer... lock your doors

Speculation.

Plans.

Concepts.

A vague idea where this ship is headed. Will I need athletic tape, or will I be able to secure the line in a manner that the gods of war intended?

Something like that. I started looking forward to next year before this year is even over. Next up is the Double Dare/Fall Gathering.

I will be gathering and not racing, and if you want to join me while I get busy doing something close to nothing be sure to register your vehicle BEFORE YOU DRIVE OUT THERE. Riding will be had, beers will be drank, and things will be lit on fire. Be the first person to offer me a beer and you might get a new 2011 Awesome Strap. Be the second person to offer me a beer and get a kiss on the lips. Take your chances if you must.

I'm also gonna try to make it to the Dirt Rag Punk Bike Enduro in December. This is nothing new to me. Every year I say I want to go, but when the time comes I lack the resolve to follow through. Now that I'm an esteemed contributing journalist I feel a sense of purpose, a certain pull towards my manifest destiny. I want to be there, I need to be there, and dare I say I was meant to be there.

Now while I'm trying to make the most of the rest of 2010 while planning for great bike race in 2011 fellow 24 Hour Solo Single Speed World Champion Grig Martin is running around Idaho molesting wildlife.

Seriously, I wonder if Grig ran down his quarry with his sheer speed and cunning intellect or if he just wooed it with his handsome looks and charming demeanor. Either way I'd say that mule deer is fucked.

I only have four races on the schedule for next year so far. All the links are up there under 2011 "season". Yes, I realize the link to SS AZ sends you to an image of a gay pride parade, but that's what I imagine the 2011 SS AZ will be like... except with more beards.

The rest of the "season" is open for debate, negotiation, proposals, bribes, coercion, blackmail, extortion... you name it. I'm flexible and very corruptible.

I'm off tomorrow, so go sit in the corner and keep yourself entertained.

7 comments:

cornfed said...

Damn, I was trying to keep my SSAZ participation in the closet. You have to admit my facial hair rocks the boat.


wv: outednes

The Vegan Vagabond said...

I want to believe that was actually your wv, cornfed.

wv: skeptkalcanuk

Anonymous said...

want a beer?

My name is Stephen said...

do you want a beer?

dicky said...

Disturbed on many levels.

First off, virtual beers don't count.

Secondly, My name is Stephen...

Since bentcrank already offered me a "virtual beer" were you looking for the kiss?

Matt said...

Race Syllamo's Revenge.
It sold out in 16 hours last year, so stay up late drinking til' registration opens, in January. Yes, stay up from now until January.

Peter Keiller said...

i am taking out a greg page for next season.

rather than race racers, and lose, i'm going to hunt racers...whereby even if i don't win, i didn't really lose.

unless i find a way to cobain myself on accident.