Pages

Wednesday, December 1

Do you smell something burning?

I left out some important information about the Wilson's Creek ride I took part in last Saturday. Thanks to the wondrous social networking website facebook I was reminded by Josh "Zod" Taylor that he was indeed present for (most of) the ride.

"Were you ashamed to mention me since I beat you on the gravel climbs? I'm all natural too, except for some horse supplements." ~ Zod

Beat me on the gravel climbs? That's not quite how I remember it. I think you beat me TO the climbs, but were then dispatched shortly thereafter and reprimanded for your insolence. Never forget I am el Patron of the Wilson's Creek peleton. Do it again and I will pour your blood bags down the drain while you watch in horror.

I got a package from Thom Parsons the other day.

I have been expecting a shipment of performance enhancing products from him for some time now, and seeing the FRAGILE sticker I could only guess there were vials of EPO, HGH, and extract of horse urine inside. I opened the box, and then I was slightly disappointed, but then I was happy... mostly because he didn't send me a bag of dog shit.

Fortunately this was just my prize pack from Thom for winning his Mustache Ride contest. Inside the box was a very fragile pint glass, so fragile in fact that I was afraid to place it in and amongst the many other bike related pint glasses in the cupboard.

Honestly, enough with the pint glasses and custom socks. I want race beanies at all events in 2011. Seriously, everybody should have a quality riding beanie. And race related baseball hats? Must I remind promoters just what sport it is they are in fact promoting? Let me give you a hint. It's not fucking baseball.

Oh yeah, I got the Geekhouse T-shirt as well. It does not seem fragile at all.

Just very, very long. Or perhaps I'm a very, very short medium T-shirt wearer.

Yes, I left my work bike in the hall. The Pie is still not back yet, and let's just say things are being played kinda loose here on the home front. In other words, I had to put pants on for the above photo.

Now that I have the very, very long T-shirt that proudly displays (sans logos) a set of Cane Creek SCX-5 cyclocross brakes I now feel the increasing urge to have a set on an actual bike. You know which bike it is that I am currently staring at...

The SWOBO Crosby. Yes, I am in love. No, I don't know if I will act on that love. Like an awkward boy staring across the room at a girl who is so out of his league he should be ashamed of himself I too will just dream that one day I could get on her and ride into the sunset. Sometimes I wish my interests were more diversified, but I spend most of my internet time looking at bike related information. Instead of being more informed on current events or gaining useful knowledge on topics such as scrapbooking I have now looked at the entire line of SWOBO goodies, and I am going to add about three more bikes (who doesn't need a fleet of commuters and grocery getters) and a few woolen goods to my Christmas wish list.

I know you have probably adapted to my non-blogging Thursday schedule, but tomorrow (after I wake up late and perhaps put on a pair of pants) I will be back at it THIS WEEK ONLY. I don't have big news or anything, just an empty day unplanned.

12 comments:

Andrea said...

The description of that shirt on the Team Awesome website says that the fit is similar to American Apparel, and my boobs hardly fit into one of their small shirts. Can you put on one of The Pie's bras, stuff it to a D cup, and try that shirt on again? I need to know how a medium would fit.

dicky said...

No problem. I already do quite a bit of cross dressing when I'm home alone.

The Vegan Vagabond said...

I don't even understand pants. I mean seriously, what's the point?

Down with pants!

The Vegan Vagabond said...

I feel that may have come out wrong. I just meant that pants are uncomfortable and mostly stupid. I would like you to use your internet superpowers to ban them or something please.

TheMutt said...

Thanks for putting on your pants. No one needs to see that.

zod said...

I like to use the 2nd half of the climb as a cool down. I also lifted a small car off a kid the day before so my legs were toast. To top that I'm out of Winstrol.

Anonymous said...

u suck!

Anonymous said...

pussy

Blair said...

Two anonymous commenters hurling insults at each other.

Real men, right there!

WV: trisin - like sin but thrice.

Peter Keiller said...

Zod has a big head.
You're are a prize ingreat fuck.
Thom is a god.

Now please, link to my site, it's dead there today.


WV - unkle
apropos, no?

Anonymous said...

It should not be dead. I stopped by at least twice already.

If there is any pantless images, please make it is nonfat female

CB2 said...

When did Thom move to Douchey Ln?
I'll have to update the address book.