Pages

Wednesday, December 15

Going nowhere fast (but I do have a map)

On Sunday I thought I knew what Wednesday's post was going to be about. As of yesterday the topic no longer feels prudent, so I find myself at a loss.

Should I fall back on the Sonya Looney Picture Friday (not on a Friday) yet again?

That would be cheap and easy... not saying Sonya is cheap or easy, but that falling back on another Looney post would be considered a fail, at least on a Wednesday. Any other day it would seem quite prudent.

What about a look back into the past or perhaps a vague idea where this thing is headed?

"How about I go over there next?"

I've thought about doing a re-hash of the 2010 "season" post, but those tend to be like warmed over bottle episodes of your favorite sitcom, little to no new information or character development reusing old scenery leaving the viewer feeling slightly cheated. If you've been reading along since April you already know I've had some successes and some disappointments over the past year. If this is your first time reading my blog then assume that I've won every race I've entered since 2001. Talk about next year? I'm only thinking ahead a few months at a time right now and trying not to over commit (as I normally do) until there's a little more job security on this end. Woo-freaking hoo.

There's some development on the new bike, but not much that I can speak of. I did get some less than thrilling parts collected up.

Very not so thrilling, yes indeed. New bolt-on skewers from Odds and Endos and a fancy schmancy seat post collar (with ti fixing bolt). That has to be like 2.7% of the whole bike in terms of weight, complexity, and expense. The new bike project has become complicated enough to warrant the creation of a new email folder labeled "Project X" in order to keep track of all the correspondence between the interested parties and interlopers. I feel as if I have jinxed the project by even mentioning it in a public manner before it is finished. Perhaps just my involvement alone is enough to taint any situation with bad mojo.

It's not you, it's me.

The only time crunch on getting the bike done sooner rather than later is SSAZ in early February. If it's not done by then I'll just be another guy on a Niner at a Niner donkerfest. After that there is not much to do until the Six Hours of Warrior Creek, the same race I did back in May where not only did I come in third place after saving a fellow racer from certain death I was also voted most handsome rider in the single speed class ages 39-41.

And then I gotta start scratching my head and figure out where I can do the most damage.

3 comments:

the original big ring said...

there's one purple boob in the second photo, but you aren't pointing at it?!? WTF?

Anonymous said...

The bike is coming along nicely!

Anonymous said...

re: Ms. Looney: Boing