Pages

Thursday, December 30

Thanks, Happy New Year, and all that

Well shit.

I need to look at the calendar more often. I had no idea that today would end up being the last post of the year. I never took the time to do a cathartic "Year in Review" post or a "I want to thank my sponsors" circle jerk. Can I do a Reader's Digest version? Does that term still hold water with the yutes?

I had a great year, in so much that I am still alive and kicking, albeit with a slight limp. A little win, a little lose, and another year without dropping out of an endurance race. For those of you keeping score that would be two years in a row without a DNF. I consider that a bigger accomplishment than any other thing I've done all year considering my complete implosion at ORAMM, my altitude squashed lung capacity at Breck Epic, and the pinch flat followed by a run down the side of a mountain at the Shenandoah 100.

Good times were had and another year with the happy peg moved up one position.

Sponsors.

They're great to have, especially the ones that don't suck. Twin Six really did their part to make 2010 happen. Last time I checked there was only one Dicky's Death March jersey (medium/sleeveless) left on the shelves. A big thanks to all that bought them up as well as the T6 DDM T-shirt of the month. Between those two items brought forth from the minds at Twin Six and wrought in cotton, lycra, and sweat, I as able to make much great bike race.

I also want to thank all of yinz that bought a jersey during the pre-sale, thus donating money to the DinDin family in Haiti in the process. And another heartfelt thanks to Twin Six for matching my 10% as well. They didn't have to, and they did it anyways.

Money is not all that is necessary to make great bike race. While there were other monetary supporters of my racing pursuits, they are modest folks who don't want any credit (plausible deniability?). I would take the time to write each and every sponsor in a tidy list with links to their respective websites, but that would only negate the time and effort I took to attach their logos to my sidebar. Besides that, I gush on them at every opportunity I get, so I'll just throw out a blanket "thank you" to each and every one of them. They've really kept me rolling, some of them for years now, and I don't know where I'd be without them. They make great parts and stuff , so buy two of everything they make.

I almost appreciate them enough to hug them, and being that I am very out of touch with my feelings, that's a pretty big deal.

And to Dirt Rag. I have to thank them for continuing to give me the opportunity to write for them. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be racking my brain every month or so trying to think up some mountain bike related topic out of the blue to write about. It's a pain in the ass, but it does push me, so I think that means it's supposed to make me a better person. I hope you appreciate it. Do yourself a favor and subscribe twice (one for home and one for the office to impress clients).

And finally, I have to thank The Pie for all her support. She puts up with me, proof reads my Dirt Rag articles, watches me piss money away on bike stuff, tolerates my winter depression, holds down the fort in my absence (and actually when I'm here as well), and takes pictures of me when I can't do them myself.

Like the other day when we were at Trader Joe's and I wanted to get all "Predator" on a stalk of Brussel sprouts.

Yes, thanks to all of you, and you, and you, and you. Five years down, five to go... and then it's time to start my competitive knitting career.

If you wanna share the love and get all warm and fuzzy, today is the day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a special thanks should go out to the best waitress in the greater Richmond Va. area for making 5 guys who can usually fill the interwebs with chatter, silent with her use of the term "handie".
Matt from Addictive Cycles-

Anonymous said...

I'd still buy a DDM t-shirt if T6 offered it. That was one of the coolest they've ever done. Congrats on a good year and all the best next year!

P.S. - Thanks Pie for putting up with Dick's crap!

Greg

Anonymous said...

I'll share the love with yah baby!
I have a load of bearings, grease and five fine hookers on the loose...
opps, I meant hooks.

glad to hear your year was mighty fine and all the best for the cuming year as well!

give'r shit bah!

Hooples3 said...

Keep up the madness!!!!

Anonymous said...

i believe the slight limp you are speaking of is in reference to the ankle injury that you said you were not going to talk of again

Anonymous said...

dug that post with a Will Bolt pic. aint seen old cooter in a while
and just seen this the other day
http://ironheartracing.com/will-bolt/