Pages

Tuesday, January 4

The reset button hath been pushed

George and I were talking over the weekend. We both agreed that this is not the start of the new year as much as it is a press of the reset button. There was a little hemming and hawing as to declaring an actual date of the full reset, but some ambiguous moment between Friday at noon and sometime last night it just happened. We're not talking about a New Year's resolution bullshit thing. It's a crunch time count down to Single Speed Arizona.

So did I make the most of all that recent time off?

I did that on December 31st... or something like that. That is to say I was with someone who did that and some others who did the same or something similar of their own accord.

It was a pleasant way to end the year.

It was also the last mustache ride of the year. Like all things done to avoid boredom, I tired of its presence, and sadly the facial hair only got to see one of the three hundred sixty five days of 2011.

I got in a ride on the first day of the year as well. There was only one trail in the Charlotte area that was open, so Stabby, Eric Van Driver, The Other White Rich D, and I risked imminent moistness in celebrating The Other White Rich D's recent acquisition of a new bike.

Lacking proper length bolts or a bash guard to run a single ring TOWRD just hacked the arms off a big ring to make great bike ride. Victory!!!

That was all the bike riding I got in. Other projects got in the way.

Here's Jill sporting the Princeton Tec EOS light on her 30 mile walk to the mailbox. I also own an EOS, but the clip on the back broke off making it a hand held shop light. I've always wanted to make it more useful, but this weekend I had a eureka moment.

I was staring my at my EOS laying next to the Oompa Loompa bike polo mallet I made for my friend Big Worm.

A half hour and a very dismayed Pie later I invented...

Light on a Stick.

And to think... this is just the first post of 2011.

Wipe away that drool and check back tomorrow for a spy shot of the new bike.

6 comments:

Rich Dee said...

fuck "properly-sized bolts"

Peter Keiller said...

The worm looks very powerful in that picture.
I bet he could lift 100lbs right over his head.

Anonymous said...

that is your new fandangled sex toy, isn't it?

Billy Fehr said...

Keiller,
Happy to see that you broke away from Farmville long enough to bust my balls, keep up the good work.
Honestly,
Your Worst Nightmare...

Anonymous said...

you stole that toy from my gf didn't yah!

prick.

I shaved myself as well... pics to cum soon!

That chick from Alaska rocks! Love her site! she does some amazing rides!

Anonymous said...

move "Jill in Alaska"

to the top of the list!
she posts every day!
her site is cool! literally!

and, she does a hell of a lot of riding, including in the snow!

friggen wicked site! Love it!

haven't read her book yet though... soon I hope.