Pages

Friday, January 28

Sycamore Cycles must not prevail

Last week at the short track race I decimated the cyclist representing Sycamore Cycles in the single speed class. Once that information got to Sycamore Cycles headquarters all hell must have broke loose.

I'm sure an emergency meeting was held deep in a basement at an unremarkable location so that the pasty hill people could figure out a way to exact their revenge. Geoffrey Bergmark (the supposed smart one) masterminded a plan in which he and the King of Pisgah would come to Charlotte to try to beat me on my local track.

So what if they won the Double Dare and went 2nd and 4th at the Swank65 just months ago? So what if they are better built for this type of racing? So what if the King of Pisgah has been stomping the pedals in furious anger preparing for this moment?

I say bring it on, hill people of the west (NC).

I looked at the results from the short track the other day. I realized that despite the reality of the actual information that's there I'm doing rather well.

That's me wearing the now sold out Twin Six Dark Deluxe long sleeve jersey and a pain face (still available).

Luke and Tim are solidly in first and second place with two great performances, but had I been so motivated I might have found myself in third place in the overall. How?

If I weren't going to SSAZ next week I woulda planned on doing the whole series. That means I woulda brought my gun to the gun fight for week one, and I would not have had issues with a silly tensioner. I can not say the same for current third place overall Brian. He did not have the SS dropouts for his Titus Fireline yet, and his Singleator was popping as bad as mine. He managed to keep his eye on the prize, and he walked his bike up the climbs to a disappointing 14th place while I headed to the less than disappointing bike wash. By finishing the race and following that with a solid third on week two, he's now in third overall. Had I brought the gun to the gun fight Brian would be sitting in fourth wishing he had paid for overnight shipping on those dropouts.

One can not count out Noel "The Killa Thrilla Gorilla" Kirila though. Oh wait, I can? Although he finished in third place the first week, he was absent for the second race. I couldn't beat him in a "my best day/his worst day" scenario on the short track, but I can beat him if he stays home (I did).

So I will sleep soundly tonight secure in the thought that I woulda been in a virtual third place overall in some parallel universe.

And I will sleep well Saturday night knowing that the pasty white, bearded hill people will be leaving their shacks early the next morning and hopping in their old, rusty Chevy Nova to head to Charlotte and ultimate, unavoidable defeat.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Too bad you badmouthed cyclocross guys so much about keeping a spare bike in the pits. If you'd had Meatplow with you, then the first race wouldn't have the excuse mill turning.

dicky said...

It woulda been hard to carry the Meatplow for nine miles on my back to the race.

Cross racers = poofters.

Andrea said...

Ghost ride that isht!

Anonymous said...

finally, rearranged your side links!

You should be putting folks like

http://agilefahrrad.blogspot.com/

Dave and Lynda

Jill in Alaska

sonya Looney

up there... some of the others don't really bike all that much (the ones you have up top)... nor do they race all that much (hundred milers).

In reality, you should be charging a fee!
to have their name advertised on your site!

You must, by now, be getting hundred of hits!

shit, I'd pay yah for advertising on your site!