Pages

Wednesday, February 2

I am so outta here

My bags are packed and I'm all ready to leave tomorrow. I wasn't worried about any travel snags until Mandy started facebooking some stuff about weather, and snow, and delays, and preemptive plan changing. I don't really pay attention to national weather, and I guess there was/is another blizzard of some sort or another. Meh. I'll be at the airport tomorrow either way. The McDonald's at the airport makes the best chicken nuggets around.

I would love to tell you what's going to happen at SSAZ, but I don't really have many details. I know we should be riding a lot, drinking some beer, going to see some band, "racing" for 40 something miles, and who knows what else. I just threw enough stuff in my bag for a small stage race and left it at that. Hopefully I have everything I need to do this:

Looks like a flat ride out to the lumps, a few loops of lumps, and then a nice ride to the finish... to me anyways. I'm not worried about the actual "race" since George assured me that Dax Massey will win it anyways.

For those of you staring at the pictures I posted yesterday of the new strap from Backcountry Research trying to figure it out...

Left ~ old skool Awesome Strap
Center ~ The Vital
Right ~ The new

They are all different. They are not the same. They were all like a simple Cracker Barrel puzzle to figure out without instructions (I get mine before the nifty videos are made). Soon enough there will be more information on the Backcountry Research website. I still do not know which one is my favorite, nor do I know which one I will use once the "season" starts. There will be 55 different colors and patterns of the new strap. More as I know more than I know now.

The following video was poached from fuckyeahkatiecompton.com.



I can't say I followed Katie's cross season all too closely, but I do know she was kicking so much ass this year that when she placed second at Worlds it was a bit of a disappointment for her. I've said I'm not that in touch with my emotions, but I got choked up when I watched that video, more so than I do when I watch Rudy on a rainy weekend.

While I'm making you all sad why not continue to dig the hole a little deeper?

Since I won't be writing till next Tuesday start reading this complete transcript of the latest, very long interview with Floyd Landis on velonews.com, and by the time you finish, it should be Tuesday already. Is he telling the truth or spinning more lies like he did in that book I read for (obviously) no reason? Who knows, but all the dirty little shit that's going on in the road cycling world is becoming slightly more interesting than the actual racing itself... save for the Paris Roubaix and a few select climbing stages.

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? If not, at least there's one over at the Frankenstein place.

7 comments:

mandy said...

i'm sitting here watching it dump snow in real life and on the tv at the airport I'm supposed to fly through.

if my flight is a no-go tomorrow morning there's no way in heck i can get anywhere for this weekend. bah.

ant1 said...

good luck in/getting to AZ dicky.

wv: precan. i think it means stop being a pussy and chug a beer before racing. i could be wrong.

dougyfresh said...

Just finished shoveling snow for the 2nd time in two days.

I think my flight will be alright. I don't leave until 5pm tomorrow. If the airport here in Hartford is not cleared by 5pm tomorrow there's problems. I forget where I transfer though. That might be my Achilles heel.

I still have to pack my clothing. shit.

Craig said...

Man, when Rudy's dad gets to finally see Notre Dame Stadium and then gets to see his son play........man.

Anonymous said...

Phuck yeah Katie.

You eating Chicken these days? Oh, that's right, that is not relly meat at McDs, so you should be OK

Anonymous said...

Yay, let's show our greatest current hero (gender equality) to the world when she's crying...VeloNews you pack of carnivorous bastidges!

Shame on you Dicky for being their stooge...

Indiefab said...

When you return, I don't want a race report.

You need to tell us what you think of this first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_MirZAe4to