Pages

Thursday, October 13

Mancation: Days Seven and Eight

Day Seven

We left Moab with style, grace, and ludicrous speed...

Tour de Goat 2011

and headed to Fruita, Co.

The locals were a strange lot.




photo cred: Big Ring

Fruita was all we expected it to be. A nice break from all the riding we'd been doing, except it was more riding. We were a choo-choo train of success all over the place.


Tour de Goat 2011
photo cred: Big Ring

The riding was every bit as scenic as Moab, but with fewer big moves. Still, when the time came for the big balls to come out, Jeremy and Mark were still on top of their respective games.


photo cred: Sean

They did something in there that was nifty, I swear.

I've never ridden anything like Fruita exactly. I want to go back, and as Eddie Money so wisely put it, "and do it all over."

P1060301
photo cred: Jeremy

Dehydrated and wasted from a week's efforts, we said goodbye to Sean in the parking lot as we parted ways. He won't be forgetting this trip for awhile.

Tour de Goat 2011
photo cred: Big Ring

Day Eight

The remaining crew, Mark, Big Ring, Jeremy, and myself, headed out to Buffalo Creek to leave whatever we had left on the trail. Mark brought little to leave.

Tour de Goat 2011
photo cred: Big Ring

Jeremy led us around a nice 26-28 mile loop over the kind of trails I'm gonna expect everywhere I go from now on.

P1060311
photo cred: Jeremy

Singletrack that was built by mountain bikers for mountain biking.

P1060309
photo cred: Jeremy

Mark sucked the life out of everything as he rode by. He is The Lone Rider of the Apocalypse.

Tour de Goat 2011
photo cred: Big Ring

He was having a bad day. His rental bike was on its last leg, and Mark spent a fair amount of time on the ground wishing there was a baby around that he could punch (I'm sure he was kidding).

And so ended our perfect Mancation: AKA Tour de Goat. A big thanks to Sean, Mark, and Big Ring for the good times and a bigger thanks to Jeremy for putting this trip and all the logistical nightmares together. It was a great time, and I felt appreciably shelled by the time I got home. I expected no less. You should thank them for pulling out their cameras the whole time long after I got bored with the idea of taking photos. If not for them, you woulda saw a photo of bikes being put together in Jeremy's garage and little else.

I hoped you enjoyed Mancation as much as I did (I doubt it).

Tomorrow?

Enough with the Mancation and on to future stuff and anything that slipped through the butt crack.


No comments: