Pages

Thursday, May 3

Chortle with me if you would please

Where to begin...

Chris "Homicidal Maniac Fully InContinent" Strout FINALLY put up his images from the ride this past Saturday.

Three were of me.

Two were relevant and in need of further discussion.

Chris said that I "pulled a wheelie at the end of the bridge."  This is not true.  This is just how a By:Stickel rides 95% of the time.  The chainstays are so short that my center of gravity is massively rearward biased thus my front wheel floats over everything.  It's quite awesome.  I'll save a lot of money on tires this year, and the chicks really dig it, although the Pasty White Bearded Hill People think I'm some kind of wizard.

Also, I'm not saying this is going to be a special test at PMBAR, but Eric "PMBAR Honcho" Wever didn't say that it wouldn't be a special test, so I suggest you get to practicing.  Sometimes being four apples tall has its advantages.  Kids Я Us is a great place to get cheap yet fashionable clothing.

There was something over on Cycling Dirt that made me chortle yesterday.  Dare I say a tear was brought to my eye and had it been appropriate in a work setting, I may have rolled around on the floor and laughed quite exuberantly.




If you are not laughing after 20 seconds, you have no soul.


I finally got around to doing something I shoulda done a long, long time ago.A little something to make the process of installing a new chain on my bike slightly quicker.

1.  Hammer a small nail into a wall or other vertical object.  I chose the 2X4 on the side of my pegboard.
2.  Hang the old chain from the nail and mark the length with a pencil.
3.  Hang the new chain from the nail, break to length, and mark it appropriately.

I'll be measuring the chains of all my bikes as they get replaced and scribbling incoherent codes on the post as necessary.  No more lining the greasy old chain up with the new.

Don't know how to break your chain.  Watch the following instructional video from our friends at Topeak:



You're welcome.

Tomorrow, find out if Pack-less PMBAR 2012 is a go.

No comments: