Pages

Friday, December 14

Ground Score Put to Good Use

I never know what I'm going to find in the streets while I'm at work.  I keep my eyes wide open all the time, scanning the roadways and gutters looking for that thing I didn't know I needed until I find it.  A small sledgehammer, various sockets, a black bandana, a cable bike lock, a hundred dollar bill... awesome free shit.

Tuesday it was an LED light that had apparently launched from whatever bracket it was attached to.

My new light for the bike room... a handy little flashlight to replace the lost Light on the Stick V.1 and the Light on a Stick V.2 that just sucked.

Yesterday, I found this on my commute into work:

An odd collection of images that someone had paid $28.34 to have printed at Costco.  They had been run over a few times by passing cars, but not in that bad of shape.  They had a purpose, I just didn't know what it was at the time.
Then I got the facebookword that the Christmas party at Queen City Bicycles would be the place to be that evening.   After work, I excitedly headed out in search of pre-beers and canned goods (donations for Loaves and Fishes were being collected), and then went directly to the Spoke Easy to share my beers with Jon Danger.

Once at the party, my ground score was distributed and then it ended up being redistributed all over the place.

I was not responsible for all that happened.

At least not directly responsible...

My hands are not clean in any manner.

But there were a lot of dirty hands.

I feel like the whoever lost these images, if they stumble across this post, will be pleased to know that the private showing went well.

Although not everyone got to see everything there was to see...

When I got home, the only one I had left was the 11X14 of the Gangnam style guy.

I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, but the joy that the misfit photos brought to the party was endless.  And to Bart, friendly owner of Queen City Bicycles, advocate of cycling, gracious host, and all around good guy...

Excuse my Christmas.



No comments: