Pages

Friday, April 15

All the double yous

Might as well mention the Industry Nine raffle/fundraising for the PA Interscholastic Cycling League.  Y'all have put me over the halfway mark to my goal of $1,500.  Thanks.  Still a ways to go.   I know you want a set of Industry Nine hubs... so c'mon.   All the juicy bits about how it's going down are here, so click, read and donate.

"Training" truly started in earnest yesterday.

It's now warm enough and the sun's poking out at a decent enough time for me to consider heading out before work without just adding terrible miles to my commute.  I saw at least eight deer (always pleasant), the new bridges they were installing on the greenway are finally in place, the dirt single track has been extended to the next major road artery, and life is just generally good.  I might have to dive into the trails that aren't technically there before the spiders take over.  Once they claim manifest destiny out there, I'm not gonna bother.  Call me a pansy, but I can't take anymore web-clearing rides.  

Ummm... what else?

I figured this out the other day:

I'm using my roll-top Ortlieb at work until my Chrome bag shows up.  It's getting harder and harder to find a decent phone holder for a messenger bag nowadays.  Phones keep getting bigger and bigger, and it's difficult to find a way to keep my device handy (and to listen to podcasts without an earphone).  The Backcountry Research Super 8 Strap wasn't designed to do this, but it works... so whatever.   Easy out, almost as easy in.  At least I succeeded at something this week.

This weekend... don't know what I'm doing.  Riding my bike?  Yeth.  When, where, how, and with whom?  Unknown.

No comments: