Pages

Monday, March 27

Busy boy.

Saturday.  Strangeness.  Nick "Dip 'n Spray" Barlow has a hankering for a different kinda mountain bike.  I have the similar feels.  What he wants, I might has.  If he wants what I has, then mebbe I get what I think I want... which I still don't really know what it is exactly.

We go for a ride together.  Him on my By:Stickel Meatplow V.6, me on the Vertigo Meatplow V.7.

 He likes history, but deep down he knows he is the future.

Farted around at Anne Springs Close Greenway's trails at a pace that was pretty talkable... when we weren't coasting.  Two Industry Nine hubs make for difficult conversation.

Don't know what Nick ended up thinking about the bike, but if he doesn't buy it, I'm much less motivated to buy something and doing nothing is always easier than doing something.

Later that evening, somehow Nick and I found ourselves in the company of others looking at Sue Haywood while she talked.

My only question was whether or not I got in her way at the 2006 24 Solo World Championship, and if she even remembered the piece of shit guy wearing a wife beater riding on the 26" rigid single speed with pink wheels.

Meh.  Went looking for an image from the race.  Got distracted.  Here's me trying to crawl inside my 2007 BC Bike Race duffel bag.  Welcome.

I remember asking.  I don't remember her answer.  Stupid beer.

Sunday, I woke up a little foggy.  It's only our second (or third?) night back in our bedroom.  It's a bit disorienting.  Needed to get up and get out for trail work at the Backyard Trails.  Reconnecting the old Tech Loop that was eviscerated by the new greenway.

 Same shit. Different day.

 Satan wieners.

I don't know what these people were doing.  They look pretty good doing it tho.

By the end of it all, we got the remaining work that needed to be done completed.  I'm super stoked, as this is the closest real trail to my house.  Enough mileage and features to make it worth getting out of bed in the morning. 

Looking forward to being less productive and more racer boi next weekend.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Full suspension gravel bike?!?!?!?!?!