My sincere apologies. My head. It's still stuck in mine own asshole.
I'm staring at maps and doing screen grabs and doodling lines on them with MS Paint and thinking about course tape and volunteers and... basically focusing 95% of my anal compulsion towards the Tour duh Charlotte and the remaining 5% on getting ready to leave for the 2nd Maxxis Appalachian Summit.
I finished filling out my permission slips yesterday and have a decent amount of things packed already.
I'm bringing my own bike... because... burrito.
Mebbe it just stays on the rack... until I stop on my way home at the stage of the Tour duh Charlotte that I'm responsible for to do some more tweaking and a final ride through to get a better estimate of mileage/time and course tape needs.
I mean, I'm not packing the machete because I think it will come in handy for hot tub time at Mulberry Gap.
At least this trip will provide much blerhg fodder for next week, so mebbe I can stop dreaming of racers getting lost and ending up on an island with smog monsters and polar bears.