Pages

Wednesday, January 17

Snow Day Faux Productivity

This is the perfect day for a "snow day."

I had so much free time this past weekend and so little to do.  I did manage to eat enough to see a new number in the ones column on my scale for 2018, so there's that. 

Oh yeah, all while still keeping some sort of streak alive for days ridden in a row.  I don't know when it started tho (some time right after the move?), so there's also that.

And then I went to work yesterday and somehow new things show up in the mailbox and requests from 2018 sponsors for information and such...

Yeth, somehow despite my lack of intentions to do much actual making of great bike race in 2018, I remain the most relevant irrelevant person in the "industry."  Perhaps they're banking on the long game, my intentions to dominate the 50+ class in 2019.

Seems like a risky plan.

I have to do them a solid at some point, but until such time that I have actually played with the new things, why pre-blerhg about them?

I am excite about finally making a purchase to address the one bottle cage issue on the JaBronson that would make rides in Pisgah (and the upcoming Send-ona trip) difficult without a hydration pack.

I was really looking hard at the Bontrager hip pack that carried a bottle, but as soon as I saw this, I knew it was more in line with what I wanted.  The Weevil Outdoor Supply BurroSack.

Yeth, I am getting quite the collection of hip/fanny/bum bag/sack/pack things.

Anyways, I like the wide padded hip strap a lot (with strap management system THAT ACTUALLY WORKS), but this is what really turns me on:

I can fit my Olympus TG3 in the pocket WITH the fisheye lens attached.  I can also get it in and out without having to remove the pack or spin it on my waist.  I plan on loading the other pocket with JaBronson friendly tools, so my main Tülbag doesn't have to have single speed and JaBronson stuff in it.  The JaBronson is a needy beast when it comes to tools, spare hanger, 11 speed link... so it's gonna get its own Tülbag to go in my left hip pocket.

It's got the other bells and whistles I was hoping for in such a thing.  Key leash, divider pocket for a cell phone, secure bottle holstering... I can't tell you how many beers it will hold because I only have bottles in the fridge right now, and I'm not going outside until later today for snow day supplies.

And if it matters to you, it says on their site that the BurroSack is designed & manufactured by Weevil Outdoor Supply Company, so made in the USA?  I looked all over for a "Made in..." label, but couldn't find one, so I'm hoping I created a job or something with my dollars spent.

No comments: