Pages

Friday, June 22

Dead Pool Fin

Sorry, not sorry.

I've been busy.  Distracted.  Otherwise occupied.

Along with getting some extra writing homework (product feedback stuff), I've hit the reset button kinda hard lately.  Three days of early morning runs that have produced nothing but positive (most probably endorphin-related) results with only a bit of soreness from overdoing it.  I'm honestly in a better mood on the days when I get a run in before work as opposed to just adding sweat-dripping-down-my-asscrack junk miles to my commute.

Also, I sold the JaBronson (also JaBronSSon).

Absolutely no regrets on the purchase.  I had a blast riding it for the last seven months.  For what it's worth, I always considered it sort of a rental bike situation, without the hassle of picking it up/dropping it off at the shop every other weekend.  I had figured that I'd keep it until this fall, and then either sell or replace it with something else, but...

and that's a big but(t).

Once again, the square peg didn't fit in my round hole.

I always figured that eventually I'm gonna get too old to wanna beat myself up on a hard tail single speed, but apparently (and despite my future grandpa status on the horizon) it's still my bag, man.  That put together with the fact that when I look at the next few months of my life, I'm either off single speed adventuring in far away places, or in between trips looking to ride closer to home.  The JaBronson begs to ridden down a mountain, not just putz around Charlotte looking for a deal on Gap jean shorts.

Starting to run again has really solidified the fact that I still enjoy painful pursuits.  A life about speed, comfort, and convenience ends in a pit of complacency.

Privilege leads to boredom which leads to contemplation which leads to self-realization which spirals into depression.

I'm super stoked to know that the woman who is getting my (now her) bike is upgrading from a 2012 Santa Cruz Juliana.  I'm positive she's going to shit her pants in delight when she finds out what's happened to bikes over the last six years.  Buenos for her.

Also buenos for me.  I perused the internet hard enough and finally found the elusive solution to the problem I created for myself.  I won't have everything in one pile for mebbe a couple months, and I'm okay with that.  I'm back to having two redundant rigid single speeds for now (one without a drooper?), but at least deciding what bike to ride will be a lot easier for a bit.

So fitting that today's Facebook memory thing pulled up this image today:

All the buenos of all the burning indeed.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Least surprising news of the day!

Long live Rigid SS

Anonymous said...

I just peed a little with delight. I'm a lady.