Pages

Tuesday, June 19

Pro-acting.

I swear I've got to be the only person to ever "train" for a press camp-style "industry" insider media douchebag... thing?

I still don't know what I'm supposed to call this upcoming trip to Grand Targhee.

Once it became a reality, and I found out that the base of the resort sits at @7,500 ft, I remembered that my current bike game is weak.  I'm more fit than the average binge TV watcher, but not even close to where I was anywhere in the last decade or more.  I've definitely not let myself go, but let’s just say rides lasting more than a couple hours have been few and far between since PMBAR.  This might be my only chance to ride in the area, and I wanna be able to make the most of the opportunity.  That and I don't wanna be the person holding the ride back from full stoke potential because I'm heaving up a lung on the side of the trail.

Proper elevation preparation (when you live at 700 ft above sea level and can't afford/justify a hyperbaric sleeping chamber)?

I really believe in the powers of Rocket Red as a legal performance enhancer, but as a (former) "athlete" who isn't really doing shit in 2018, I was wondering what to do with my leftover supply from last year.  Why not gulp down some cheat juice in the days leading up to my time in the mountains?  Nothing like starting my day with a tingly commute to work.

I've also started (again) running (again).  Day one was a little over two miles at a pace that was probably too fast, and my body is saying "slow down," but my brain is saying "lets do that again."  I'm hoping I can make it stick this time.  I usually start this nonsense when the mornings are cold and dark, and it's very easy to lose motivation real quick like.  Now it's just shoes, socks, shorts, out the door, hop in the shower... collapse, go to work.

I'm not an athlete, but I do play one on TV.

2 comments:

hellbelly said...

Question about the Red Rocket. I've come to realize that proper fuel is critical and as a type 1 diabetic I need to be extra careful not to go too high or low with my blood glucose level. I am seeking a product and/or regimen that will not give me too much of sugar spike, but also allow for me to maintain my glucose at a solid operating level over a 2 hour plus window. I am a year and half your senior and clock in at just below 200 lbs. Any thoughts and/or your experience with the product?

dicky said...

Sorry. I can't speak to that anywhere near the level you probably need.

Figure out a way to contact Namrita Kumar. This is her ball game.