Pages

Friday, August 24

Hold me closer, Tony Danza

Well, at least I have rolling parts all put together...

Aside from the frame, wheels are the most important thing on a bike to me.  I can deal with a ho-hum suspension fork (usually by replacing it with a rigid frok), but I don't wanna compromise when it comes to wheels.  It's pretty much the first thing I notice when I get on a demo/rental/borrowed bike that has just okay wheels.   Slow engagement drives me bonkers.

I totally overlooked the potential bling of an ano'ed-out lock ring.  Just know this is coming from somewhere... eventually:

Not only are these my first non-pink Industry Nine system wheels since my first ones back in 2006, these are the first with the new Clog-less valves.

Obviously, time will tell whether or not there's any meat on that bone.  I'll try to remember to blerhg about it after I've had a few months of inflating and deflating and whatnot.

Ashima AiRotors... because I just can't quit them.


I can't wait to get this bike together...

I noticed a few changes from any previous Torch wheels I've owned.  The endcaps are slightly different, there's a square nubbin on the "nipple" end of the spoke... even the packing material was different than what I've seen before.  I guess they're always working on refining something.  I'm gonna ask the next I9 guy/gal I see what's up with all that.

I was in way too big of a hurry to mount up the tires and rotors the other night.  I forgot to take pictures of all of the many genitals scribbled in silver pen on the rim tape.  I forgot to hang the wheels on the scale before mounting anything to them.  I forgot to pull out the Clog-less valves to see if they are long enough to use in my NOX rims.

Dammit.

I can not explain the rush I was in when I started assembling everything.  I guess my enthusiasm gets the best of me.  I'm not much for delayed gratification.

I'll just prop them up against the wall next to the TV while I watch World Cup racing action this weekend.

Leaving for Snowshoe in a week, new behk or no new behk.  Finger parts crossed and whatnot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh - Mouth Vomit.....always hinknof you with little pink bits.

TJ Morton said...

Silver rim strip genitalia for the win!

dougyfresh said...

Those '06 wheels were nice. I sold them last year to a local here in CT. Front was still rolling on original rim and I relaced the rear to a new rim.