Pages

Thursday, September 20

Numbers

I mentioned that I had "thousands and thousands of gallons of water in a hurry to leave my neighbors' yards VIA mine own" over the weekend.  We installed a four inch pipe connected to two twelve inch catch basin drains trying to stop some of their water before it joins my yard's mess.  The pipe was pumping full bore at maximum capacity (260 gallons a minute) for long periods of time... so yeah.  Thousands and thousands.

Another number.  I forgot and forgot again (and probably again) to weigh the Vassago Meatplow V.8.

Thorry.

24.24lbs... before I added a pump mount.  I don't like riding with little friends in the mountains without one.  I'll also be dropping a little weight down the road, but I can't even tell you when.

Then with a swap to racer boi tires, figure it being at least a pound a half lighter (mebbe more), so something just over 22lbs when I want to press it into service for go-fast moments.

Other than that whole mess, I'm currently doing my best to keep from jumping into the trope hole of bashing Interbike.  I know, I know... it's gone very "e" this year, or so I've read.  I'm going to do my best to watch and read and learn and find one gem in the pile that makes me warm and fuzzy.

This would not be that.

I'm currently all barrels loaded and hoping to get a couple rides in this weekend, one being in a more mountainous area than available a half mile down the road from my house.  Stoked to be pumped to have this bike all dialed in for the Faster Mustache Retreat in Stokesville the following weekend.  We've got some solid rides planned and staying in the lodge beats sleeping on the ground 100%...

or so I've been told.

So far, I've only managed to sleep on a couch in the garage during Bicycle Times Adventure Fest, but I can only imagine the beds inside are even better.

Much good times ahead.  At least three.

2 comments:

TJ Morton said...

I can vouch for inside the lodge sleeping being 100%(+) better than sleeping on the ground! :)

RK said...

You should totally call the next post duderonomy.