Pages

Tuesday, March 12

More Compulsing

Continuing with the sorting and cleaning and pitching and storing of things...

I rarely use a bike computer (do we still call them "cyclometers?), and when I do, it's a really old wireless Cateye Strada.  Yet still, I had computer bits from multiple units in two separate containers and on my pegboard.  No sense in taking up a hook on the wall for the couple times a year I need it handy, I decided to sort what was useful and get it all in one container.

Since I have to familiarize myself with the instructions just about every time I use it, I didn't wanna toss them, but all folded up proper like... too many languages to fit in the tiny storage can.

Wouldn't you know, Cateye felt my pain.

Chop, chop, and in the can... not to be seen again until PMBAR to cover my time piece requirement.

I'm happy and yet still shamey as to how this turned out:

All my tires stored in the same place and in an orderly fashion.  Above it, my rarely used MTB (non-commuter) lights, an almost as rarely used Sawyer filter, chains, Industry Nine spare parts, crank/bottom bracket bits (to include a worn-out Dura Ace loose bearing BB for my tarck bike that I can't bring myself to throw away), fully organized Shimano brake stuff, and a box full of discontinued Backcountry Research straps that I use for all manner of things.  Strapping my puffy coat or a library book to my handlebars, keeping a crank arm stationary for stubborn removals, holding bikes in place on less than optimal car racks... whatever.

This ammo can...

Used to just have gel flasks (that I don't really use?) and chamois cream samples in it.  Kind of a waste, so I recycled a mess of the flasks and put all my PMBAR gear in it, along with backup PMBAR items for people who lose track of whistles, emergency blankets, and ponchos from year to year.

And those chamois creams... ?

Hoarded like an elderly man who keeps dead hearing aid batteries "just in case."  These will come in handy if I keep them more handy, I guess... as opposed to in an ammo can outta reach with other items I never touch.  Mebbe also a good idea to keep the sample embro packs somewhere other than with the chamois creams.

Getting closer...

No comments: