Pages

Thursday, July 23

Toilet Tree

So.

All the Pisgah Productions races for the remainder or 2020 have been postponed till next year, the bulk of what I was really considering on the "schedule."  I'm still clinging on to the scraps of some hopes and dreams of doing some bike cycle sport racing this "season," but even if a race does happen, it's gonna have to fit into my pandemic comfort levels.

There's that.

I member one time complaining that no bike company has made anything that really serves the catch-all purpose of traveling with tools and sundrious spare parts that one might need on a short three to seven day trip.

Still... years later and no one does.  What gives?  Tool rolls are stupid.  Fight me.

I found myself looking for possible replacements for my current hanging toiletry bag.  Wasn't that difficult, but mang... if someone could manufacture something a little more bike specific, I think dozens of dollars could be made.

All this stuff...

And that stuff.

Chain tool, valve stem bits, spare XTR Trail brake lever, zip ties, Paragon slider hardware...

 Go-to ride crap: fancy electronics and a loaded Tülbag.

 And it hangs for easy access to all the crap.

 So much room that I just started grabbing things ala The Jerk.
And a nice slightly used rag for packing material (also to be used as a rag tho).

A dope flat front pocket for...

A spare chain ring and rotor... because I don't wanna drive from shop to shop looking for my specific chain ring needs if I bust a toof.
Handy Topeak pressure gauge, spare ESI grip, and a Sharpie for writing Watts's number on bathroom walls.
Lube and levers.  Compartment L obvs.

It's not ideal.  My spokes only fit diagonally.  I could stand for a little more organization, but I realize everyone's needs are not the same... but still?

Make one of these more bike specific and perhaps a little hardier and mebbe put some skulls on it and charge something like $75 and make millions (or slightly less).

BTW: I can't figure out who would travel with enough actual toiletries to fill this bag.

Assuming someone doesn't eventually take my bait, I think you won't be terribly disappoint if you settle for a cheap $20 bag to tide you over till someone gets rich off my idea.

2 comments:

Fat Bike Racer said...

Good Post!

OkieBrian said...

Cool idea with the hanging toiletry bag. As for the question "BTW: I can't figure out who would travel with enough actual toiletries to fill this bag". You have never done a road trip with my wife and two teenage daughters.