Pages

Friday, August 28

Fangers Crossed

Let's call it wishful thinking...

I tend to half-ass my ride nutrition throughout most of the off "season."  Being that a global pandemic has forced the 2020 "season" to become the new off "season" (at least in the US of A), I just continued riding the rut of lazy preparation.  Eat shit, drink shit, live shit.

That said, I've been missing proper liquids on rides... to some degree.  I like real food, but I was saving my hydration products up in the cupboard.  You know, the one above the fridge that's really hard to get to... gotta break the stool out and reach back into the dark nether regions.

Saving my "good stuff" didn't work out so well.  I must not have sealed up my kiwi lime hydration electrolyte drink properly back in... when did I care about rides enough to drink the "good stuff?"  October?

Anyways, it was a clumpy mess.  Kinda like me.

It was after I made this sad discovery that I decided it was time to stock up and live the high life.  YOLO and all that.  I used to save the Rocket Red cheat juice for racing, but why not feel marvelous and all jazzed up before a decent epic day in Pisgah?  I go to a job every day (well, kinda) so I can make money so I can spend it on things. 

I'm actually considering some form of racing soon as well.  I mean, it's the closest thing to racing that I might get to do in 2020.  There might end up being at least two to three events sorta close enough to the house that I can justify paying money to what will essentially be a time trial.  

That's exactly what it sounds like.

Paying a decent amount of money to ride my mountain bike cycle as fast as I can on a trail... but not in a true race format... and it will feel possibly like an over-crowded ride in a familiar place trail at times... with no real after party... sorta delayed results... ummmm...

But I might just do it anyways.  

If only for a small amount of time, this:

"I hurt myself today.
To see if I still feel.
I focus in the pain.
The only thing that's real." ~ Aristotle

Aristotle | Life, Works, Doctrines, & Facts | Britannica

I wanna ride like bleeding out of my eyes is the goal, and I'm just not gonna do it unless there's some sort of finish line.  Hurting myself if only to remind me that I'm capable of doing such things before I forget that I can.

Take my money.

Please and thank.

Starting another nine days off (doh, ten... Labor Day) and the Tour de France kicks off Saturday, so I've got that going for me.  Here's hoping they make it to Paris.

*goes back over to the Shenandoah Mountain 100 registration page and hovers fingers over keyboard*

Mebbe I need to just do that.  I swore once I got to ten SM 100 finishes, I could stick a fork in it... but?

The protocols that are in place would make for a safe mountain bike cycle race.  I've got the hydration products that an "athlete" would use in such an endeavor.  I'm fit'ish.  I haven't done a hundie since ?

2016?

And I did my last one with a fjork?  Ewwwwwwwww.  How not wide are them bars?

Do I really want to hurt me?  Think they'd give me the #1 plate again?

LATE EDIT: SCREW IT.  SEVEN SPOTS LEFT.  I SIGNED UP.  NOW THERE ARE SIX.

No comments: