Pages

Friday, August 14

In need of recipes

Bill Nye told me my last post was rather bleak.  What can I say?

Hump day or something.

Today is Fri-yay, so here comes the weekend followed by five days of wandering around looking for something to do (paint the interior of the hall closet... why not?) and then another weekend.

The reason I posted images of my wheels leaning against the wall and not on the bike was because my bike was incomplete at the time.  Always a difficult time for me, when my bike is hanging up in a state of disrepair.  My orange squish bit was at FOX getting some needed love... but they turned it around fast enough that I've missed zero adventures.

Tis a beautiful thing... I built it back up last night whilst also making supper... because you should be properly distracted when you put together something that your safety depends on.

Should be like riding a new bike this weekend.

The mountains are calling my name... or they're just calling me a "dick."  Dunno.

Faster engagement, lighter wheels, beefier tires (again), and a 44mm offset crown to try something entirely different.

See?  I'm in a good mood.  

Just wait to see the smile on my face once I get rid of all the mold in the hallway closet and have a fresh coat of paint on the walls... that will only be seen by my family, a bunch of shoes, and my DVD collection.

I almost registered for a race the other day, but either fortunately or unfortunately, it filled up.  I wasn't going to be able to get outta town that Friday early enough to be in my comfort zone for a long drive followed by an early wake up, so there's that.  I probably woulda got fourth place anyways...

On the bright side, the next time I come back to work, the RNC will be in town.  

So I got that going for me...

Taking suggestions as to what should replace mountain pizza as my long haul trail food.  Has to pack into a SWAT bib pocket or slim fanny pack and not melt or give me salmonella.

Thank in advance.

5 comments:

craig said...

A good veggie burrito:
1. Can be held one-handed whilst riding
2. Self contained and won't be messy floppin about in your bib pocket
3. Who doesn't love a good burrito?

Anonymous said...

Uncrustables FTW!

Michael Scott Long said...

Nachos. Fits well into any pocket.

OkieBrian said...

That sure is a purty bike! BTW, where did you get those cassette spacers?

dicky said...

Dem spacers are ANODIZED FIBONACCI CASSETTE SPACER KIT from Endless. They allow you to dial in the chain line to the MILLIMETRE.

https://endlessbikes.com/products/anodized-fibonacci-spacer-kit/