Pages

Monday, August 10

The roof, the roof, the roof...


Why, yes... I did wake up Sunday morning for what seemed like absolutely no reason at 8:07 AM.

And then I went right back to sleep.  When there is no need for an alarm, there is no cause for alarm.


When I did awake, I found out the earthquake had reopened the crack in the front of the house that we had just thrown thousands of monies into almost one year ago.

Blessed.

I rode my bike, and that made things better.  It's what I do... ride a bike... to make things better.

Make the most of weekend moments.  Fill the weekdays with more bike when possible.

Once again, in no particular order...

Bill Nye doesn't mind skinnies.  Member when it was all about skinnies?  I member.

The Topeak Tubibooster from is a lifesaver.  Not once, not twice, but three times.  The joy of broken spokes and tubeless tires... and a too long procrastinated tire swap.

Tortoise in its natural habitat.
 
Bill Nye in his natural habitat... slightly sideways and mid-air.

Drops, gaps, possible death and compound fractures.  Need a bone, take a bone.

Drip, drip...

Drop.

This is our Merica.   For now... anyways.  I just filled out my absentee ballot application... I mean "intention to subvert democracy via the USPS."

Can't.  Stop.  Skinnies.

Barging in on our ride.

A weekend back in the van.  Bill Nye doesn't mess around with his foodings when living out of his vehicle.

S.T.I.L. (Slipperier Then It Looks)

I think I may be tiring of #mountainpizza.  I don't know what's next.  Thinner crusts?  Better toppings?  Less eating it off my seat?

I did and didn't find out.

This happened on my last day at work two weeks ago.  A driving/parking protest between the courthouse and the jail.  This just happens, the kinda stuff that really makes me miss Bill.  He'd be so "cracked out" as he would say.

I'm a one trick pony.

I jump off things.

Things of a certain height.  Not much higher,, but I can go lower.

What can I say?  I'm 51 one years old and ever aware of my grasp to the mortal coil.  I enjoy being alive... well, mostly.  As much as any thinking person can in these times.

On that happy note, mebbe I try to squeeze out one more post later this week.

Mebbe.

No comments: