Pages

Monday, February 8

Winter Shart Tarck Series '21: Race Three, Worst Preamble Ever?

The Pie was outta town for the entire duration of my last nine days off.  The mountains were kinda hit with some shite weather, so there were no plans to head west (at least that panned out)... also no reason to ever set an alarm.  The trails in Charlotte were only open sporadically, which meant I wasn't tempted to cook my legs in the woods.  The one longer in town ramble that I went on got shut down when my original plan got squarshed...

With that taken from me, I just turned around.  I received a well-timed text to stop for beers at The Spoke Easy when I was about five blocks away, and that stymied all desire to continue seeking out long miles.

I got another welcome text on Friday.

Do I wanna do trail work?  Hell yeth.

I did my best to just be okay with not being productive every waking hour of every single day, but to be honest, I prefer to not let my hands be idle.  Aside from the Backyard Trails next to my house, there's no place I'd rather put in my time than Sherman Branch.  Jerry's been super hard at work for months now, but not adding mileage or putting in extra features.  He's really focused his efforts on getting the trail to hold up to weather better and be open sooner after a good rain.  It's no easy task being that it's one of the most popular trail systems in Charlotte.  IMHOMO, it's the best trail we have in the area for practicing high speed cornering skills.

Would I wanna work on trails every day?

Would my body get used to it or would I just wake up sore every day?

I was glad this was Friday and not Saturday. 

And on Saturday, I was able to head back to Sherman Branch and enjoy the fruits of our labor.  Two major swampy spots that were there this past Tuesday were all but slighty moist less than twenty four hours after we got done playing in the mud.

When I woke up Sunday morning for Winter Shart Tarck, I had no idea how my body and mind were going to react to the previous week's activities.  Week one, my legs were plenty toasted from all the mountain biking I did for the previous eight days.  Week two, I only commuted to work, but my brain was a little fried from being The Mustache for the fourth week in a row.

Now I've had great sleep every day for nine days straight.  My stress levels were low.  What riding I got in definitely had variety and rarely had me on the rivet...

I ate vegetables every day?

I told you this was the worst preamble, right?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Part 2? Cmon slacker