Pages

Thursday, July 1

The Van with One Red Shoe Tour

Firstly, I'm missing the Tour de Burg, like right now.  It's starting today, and because this is the last official week of the A/B Team scenario at work, I couldn't take time off.

Whatever.  Cookies crumble.

GAWDAMMIT.

Just the idea of going back to work every week like a normal human leaves me feeling exhausted.  I'd better take a vacation soon, so it looks like it's crappening again...

Bill Nye had been dangling a carrot in my face (not a euphemism) for the past couple months.  He was going to be on the return leg of an extended van life trip in July and wanted some company.  My hands were tied until my work situation settled into some sense of normalcy where I could take some time off that wrapped into overlapping weeks.  Now that time is upon me like Mitch McConnell on a can of Filibuster Flavored Pringles®.

This trip is completely planned out... and by completely, I mean he's gonna come grab my stuff today, and then two weeks later, I'll be reunited with my stuff in Park City UT.  I'll miss my stuff and my bike with squish and mebbe my favorite travel mug and probably some random tool I thought I could live without but then can't.  After my belongings and I (and Bill Nye) meet up, it'll be a grab bag of fun and good times.

The only real timeline we have is to meet up with the curmudgeonly leader of Hermosa Tours, Matt McFee.  We haven't see his sour ass since our trip to Sedona back in... 2018?  We're hoping that it all times out so that we can grab a shuttle and hit the Palisade Plunge on July 18th or so. 

Supposedly, our timing is better than our planning abilities, as this is mebbe kinda sorta gonna be the first week you can ride all the way down from the tippy top.  Thirty two miles and six thousand feet of descending sounds very buenos to me.

But other than that, what are we doing... other than blowing peoples' minds?

Dunno.  Part of the west is on fire, the rest of it feels like it probably is too.  Anything is on the table.  Bike parks (with no full face helmet rule), shuttles, adventures, big cities (I said "cities"), tiny towns...

And a bunch of staring out the windshield.

No comments: