Pages

Monday, September 27

Be wary of curious blue mesh tubes

Before I start talking about next year and stuff I'd rather talk about my hum drum weekend. Saturday I got out to Poplar Tent for a ride on the Tallboy, and I finally decided on a name for my carbon based non-life form.



Yes, the Tallboy shall now and forever be referred to as Superbeast. Poplar Tent is full of stunts and drops, and some of the drops I haven't done since I went with the whole rigid single speed thing years ago. It's the same place I shot this video, although there are a few (maybe more than a few) drops and stunts that I skipped that day.



Let me just say that I now know how much a pair of testicles fetches on the open testicle market since I recently purchased a very nice set of them. It feels so nice to sail off a 3.5-4 feet drop to flat without much thought at all. This bike will provide a nice break from the same old same old for some time to come. I can't wait to get this thing to the mountains and just rip down some nasty shit in a straight line. This thing feels gooooooooood. Note to self: Drops to flat from 3.5-4 feet with absolutely no skill will blow through a properly set up for XC riding 120mm Reba XX.

The Darth Vader penis bars proved to be much too large once again, and I smashed my pinky into a tree in the first few minutes of riding. I decided it was time to call a mohel and give it a bris.

Notice the reassembled-for-winter Meatplow in the background? Steel fork, 8" rotor, Kodiak 2.5 front tire, Eskar 2.3 rear tire... heavy training tool or over built single speed? You decide...

EDGE Composites
put those sweet cut marks on the bar knowing full well that no mortal man could handle the full length of the Dark Lord's manhood.

Using my Park Tool SG-6 Threadless Saw Guide that George put into my possession I was left with two very nice 20mm carbon fiber pinky rings.

If EDGE Composites wasn't giving these out at Interbike they should certainly think about it for next year. I'd swap it for my steel wedding band if I could. Think of the weight savings...

Once I got done getting the Meatplow back together and trimming down the Darth Meat I put my bike room back in order. After suffering through four stage races this summer and a bike build my room has been neglected for far too long, and I had shit stacked up in every nook and cranny available. While recycling all the packaging material from the building up of the Superbeast I found a curious blue mesh tube in one of the boxes. Against the advisement of my Sponsor Liaison and Equipment Acquisitions Director I spent some time playing with it before I realized it was too late....

I was not able to continue working on my bike room until The Pie got home and could cut me free from this heinous device of treachery. Admiral Ackbar could do nothing to help me since he does not have poseable opposable thumbs, so he just sat there and mocked me.

Maybe I'll post something of substance tomorrow....


Maybe

No comments: