Pages

Friday, September 24

Yeah, Interbike... whatever

So with all the Crank the Shield stuff going on I hardly had any time to bitch about missing Interbike YET AGAIN. This year there were no lofty promises tossed about regarding having me along for the ride on someone's coattails. Even as I get further and further embedded into the industry I am still not deep enough to be considered a necessary tool at the greatest (bike) show on earth. I'm very aware of the fact that after I've been to one Interbike I'll probably hate it so bad I'll swear I'll never go again, but I say that about most endurance races I do, so whatever. It's just that soooooooo many people I know are there, people I actually like, and I would love to hang out with them one more time before the year ends in a manner that doesn't involve riding my bike for 4-8 hours.

Of course I'm watching the Interbike coverage when I can get some free screen time. My favorite thing so far? Oddly enough it's this:


Yes, a bike made by the folks I used to race for in 2009. The new MOOTS MOOTOX RSL has clearance for a suspension fork with the bent down tube, zero stack headset, and a pressfit 30 bottom bracket. That and it looks like metal sex. Bikerumor has some close up shots and more details if you wanna read about it even morer. It is the new pinnacle achievement in ti mountain bikes. No, I don't ride for them any longer, and no I won't be riding for them next year. This is just the one thing that caught my eye. Nice job MOOTSfolks. This bike is huge in my opinion.

Speaking of next year...

I'll get around to some of that noise next week. It probably won't be terribly interesting since I really don't have a clue what I'm doing, but maybe I can make something up over the weekend.

BTW: Were you smart enough to buy your Dicky's Death March gear already?

I hope so since it is officially sold out 100%. People are always asking me if there will be more t-shirts. I can not answer that. Twin 6 made the original DDM t-shirt as a t-shirt of the month and thusly it was a limited edition scenario. If you didn't get one I'm sorry, but not really. The jerseys are gone as well (chalk that up to the Humpday sale a few weeks ago), so there is no longer an opportunity to buy anything Team Dicky oriented (save for a few remaining MEAT DICKY posters). Will there be something next year? Your guess is as good as mine. Getting a hold of somebody ACTUALLY in the industry during Interbike is impossible, so that news will have to wait.

And since I could not figure out a way to put this video on the blog in any manner of context, here you go anyways...



Peter wins... by an enlarged, singularly testiculated scrotum.

8 comments:

cornfed said...

"Getting a old of somebody" there govn'a? Ya don't say. Blimey.

dicky said...

Bastard.

Don't you ever have something positive to say?

We can't all sit around at work editing our mistakes whilst complaining about our sorry lives all day.

Kim said...

It's all that time he spent up in Canadia. It rubbed off, eh.

Anonymous said...

I don't want to know what you were looking for to find that video

Acadian said...

you hit the nail on the head. After my first Interbike I was already over it. Now I cherish every single one I miss. ;o)

dougyfresh said...

no coverage of all the 'fuzzies' at Interbike? the book of faces reminds me of our time spent in central pennsylvania earlier this year.

Anonymous said...

where the hell did you get that video... .that's the oddist thing.

what ever happened to that video of those guys with the milk and the carbon fiber song... that was another goodie!

Blair said...

I knew it.
You're a blogging genius.