Pages

Tuesday, September 28

USPS man cameth

It's gonna be hard to start talking about next year when right now is still happening. Yesterday The Pie called me at work to let me know some happiness showed up in the mail.

The new issue of Dirt Rag showed up with yet another article by me on the inside (with a sweet photo from Cathie Docherty). In a strange coincidental kinda way my subscription renewal reminder also came VIA USPS yesterday as well. I've only got two more issues coming before my subscription runs out. I wonder if I could just write "charge it to my department" on the notice and mail it in? My department does need something to read in the break room.

Photo of an actual crapper in the uptown of Charlotte complete with an ashtray. This is where my department hangs out and smokes cigarettes during down time. We're pretty cool like that.

It might be a bit demanding to ask for a magazine subscription to be charged to my departmental account. It seems that there is a new editor coming to take the helm at Dirt Rag, and while Karen Brooks (soon to be focusing on being FULL TIME editor at Bicycle Times) seemed to easily fall for my sexy charm and rapier wit when I needed to coerce her into something I'm not sure this Josh Patterson guy is going to fall for it. Perhaps I need to try the "banana in the tailpipe" thing with him.




I don't think he's gonna fall for the "banana in the tailpipe" thing.

Also in the mail yesterday? A new supply of That Butt Stuff.

I'm not sure if I'm keeping it all or perhaps I should have another "That Butt Stuff Contest". We shall see... I have an idea, but it's sorta borderline crude, lude, and rude, so perhaps another idea will come along. There was also a sample of eucalyptus spearmint soap from Larkmartin Soaps which got me to thinking... they need to partner up with That Butt Stuff and make a post-ride antibacterial scrub to keep things fresh down there. Of course it should be called "That Nut Stuff". You're welcome. Just send the check to the same address you have on file.

The last of the damage from Crank the Shield has finally been dealt with. My Cane Creek 110 headset is running smooth and my wheels have had the total once over. I've decided to go ahead and have the professionals at Industry Nine do a little rim swap for me since I won some new Stan's rims at the Trans Sylvania Epic last June.

That picture is worth a closer look.

After two seasons of low pressure rigid riding my rims are a bit beat, and my wheels will be good as new come next "season". While I was disassembling the wheels Canadian puddle water dribbled out of the holes in the rim the entire time. Meh.

Speaking of the Trans Sylvania Epic they are having a three day sale on registration right now. Register now through Oct 1st and save $50, get first dibs on lodging, and a get free invite to the preview camp Halloween weekend. Am I going? That would be talking about next year, which I am not doing right now.

And before I go on like the "season" is over I forgot that the Double Dare/Fall Gathering is still coming up. If you don't feel like tromping around in Pisgah for 24 out of 30 hours that weekend in the name of everlasting glory then perhaps you might be interested in the gathering aspect where we will be camping, riding, drinking, and mocking those that chose to race all weekend instead. As for myself I am on the fence as to whether I will race or gather. George and Mandy can not make it down for all the shenanigans, so I am back to leaning (slightly) towards racing. I'd better make the call pretty soon since the last I knew there were only six spots left for teams of two riders. The Double Dare is only $50 for a team and The Gathering is just $10 per car. That's cheaper than a set of ceramic bearings.

It would be absolutely pointless for you not to come to this weekend gala of mountain biking.

Absolutely.

8 comments:

Jason said...

I've been charging stuff to my department for 2 years now. I just realized this week that "my department" is actually my MasterCard. Ooops!

the original big ring said...

why do you have a penis on your work bench? HAI!

My ass could use some loving . . . butter that is, not the penis - just saying.

Luis G. said...

Gathering sounds so much better than racing...

TheMutt said...

No Tree Shaker this year?


WV: unhosmat

KB said...

Yo Dicky, you probably meant "lewd" and not "lude," unless your proposed contest would also act as a sedative.
- your friendly editor

P.S. Josh is engaged, so no, he probably wouldn't fall for any sexy charm... however, rapier wit can often swing both ways.

dicky said...

Mutt ~ No Treeshaker for me. KB ~ No, lude as in the drug of choice during the mid-70's. Whatever... I was just in the mude.

Joshua Stamper said...

Dicky,
Nobody rides for free at the Rag.

Chris said...

You missed the bit o' man love in the letters section. I may have to disown Greg as my Double Dare teammate for that one.