Pages

Wednesday, September 29

There is no I in team

but there is one in Team Dicky.

Still can't talk about next year... shit. How about more "now" stuff?

Yesterday The Original Big Ring noticed what was funny in the picture of my Industry Nine wheel parts....

I present to you "The Wind-up Hopping Penis":



Yup, that's why The Original Big Ring got an autographed poster for nothing.

He doesn't miss anything (especially errant crullers).

Tomorrow will be the first day that I will enjoy my shortened work hours. This situation will have major ramifications. Since I do not have to be up early for work tomorrow I will not be getting up just so I can write a blog post. This is going to be a once a week outage that may last until I either get my hours back or lose my job at which point I would be live blogging my unemployment. No apologies.

The "season" is over and the irony of the timing did not escape me. Had my hours been cut months ago I might have had time for one long ride a week which woulda kept me motivated and on track as opposed to burnt out and bitter. This will be the first time in almost thirteen years that I won't be working 45 hours a week, and I intend to make the most of it for as long as I can. Tomorrow I'll be making The Fajita a fine breakfast and then taking her to school before I head out for a ride and perhaps come home to make more Hopping Penis videos. Maybe I'll skip that last part. The rain that is currently falling as I type (and soaking the local trails) may force me to go out on the road bike. This does not sit well with the Superbeast.

Under the "I told you so" heading Mavic is finally making the shoe I've dreamed about (and bugged the Mavic rep about two summers ago). Did they call me and say thanks for the great idea? No, I had to read about it over on Dirt Rag's interbike coverage:

Mavic

The Razor gets a cosmetic update for 2011. Price is $130.

The only weakness on the original Razor was the not quite up to task material used at the business end of the shoe... the toe. You know, the part that get's kicked into rocks and whatnot while hike-a-biking for hours and hours. I tried to reinforce my two pairs with Gorilla tape, glued on pieces of tube, and spray on Tool Dip over the past two years, but each attempt was met with failure. Although I did not tell the Mavic rep that adding orange highlights would be a good idea I am going to see what I have to do to procure a pair of these shoes for 2011. In my opinion NO SHOE touches this fancy pair of togs at the $130 price point. This is THE SHOE.

I must have it.

Although SIDI is catching on, what with the white color choice and an integrated toe guard. It's like everybody's listening to me...

3 comments:

the original big ring said...

googly-eyed glasses + hopping penis = great success.
Hai.

Anonymous said...

Today I passed my hero on my way out of cubed life. I could only muster a ‘hey dicky’ while he looked at me like he recognized me as someone from the local cycling crowd. ‘how’s it going’ he said. I expected at least a ‘sport’ or ‘ace’ at the end of his response. I am not worthy…

wv-crimph

dicky said...

It took me a second, and then the moment was over. I'm not much for high fiving, but next time I'll see what I can do.