Pages

Tuesday, October 12

TSE Registration Incentive Package

Thinking about registering for the Trans-Sylvania Epic but haven't done it quite yet? Need more reasons than just awesome trails, bunkhouse lodging, hanging out with celebrities, enthusiastic promoters, and the fact that I'll be there all week for your entertainment? Look no further....

If you are one of the first five people to register for the TSE who drops my name when you contact the promoters and register, you will receive the following items in your exclusive Team Dicky TSE Registration Incentive Package.


This will be shipped to you in an unopened and unused tube, although I could autograph it for posterity's sake. This is the same chamois cream that I trust my boys with, and I assure you that your boys (or girl parts) will be just as happy as mine. This product has an MSRP of $16 and is worth every penny.


Tyler "Tool Bag" Benedict hooked me up with one of these while I was out at the Breck Epic, and I used it immediately when I got back. I filled it every morning with ice water before leaving for work, and I would have cold water for hours and hours to sip at my leisure. I have to admit I was skeptical about the whole thing since it doesn't really weigh that much and isn't too expensive, but the damn thing just works. If you don't have one already let me tell you that you need one now. MSRP on this dandy item is right around $12.



Yes, the new Awesome Straps are now available, and those of you who register and drop my name can have three of them... yes, three of them in any combination you want. You can get the Vital, the Rag Top, and the Zone, or any combination of them as long as the total number of straps you select is no more than three. Two would not be enough, four would be too many, and five is right out. The MSRP on a Whammer Deal is $30 which saves you anywhere between $6 and $15 depending on which straps you select, but since you won't be actually purchasing them the savings matters to you not.

So I am offering you a Team Dicky TSE Registration Incentive Package that is worth $58 plus shipping and handling. You'll get three products (five actually) that I endorse and use on a regular basis, and you'll be registered for seven fun filled days of riding in Central Pennsylvania.

I'm sure you're thinking "I get all this great stuff, but what's in it for Team Dicky?"

Ray and Mike are setting this thing up for me kinda like the way our schools whore out our children to sell magazine subscriptions to raise money. You (annoyed but generous neighbor) get a magazine subscription (an entry to TSE), the school (Ray and Mike) gets your money, and I (the whored out child) get a cheesy prize for begging in the streets.

If I can talk one person into doing the TSE I get....

a keychain.

If I can convince two people to enter I get a...

decorative coaster.

and if I can sell really hard and get three people to enter I get...

an ineffective sun catcher!!!

There is no reward for selling four spots, but if I can reach my goal of five I get all three prizes. Victory!!!

I don't actually think your naive enough to believe that, but it's more entertaining than the truth. The truth is that if I can talk five of you into entering they're gonna reserve the bunk under Mark Weir for me and I get to sit next to him in the dining hall. Sorry... that's just another lie that's still slightly more entertaining than the truth. You're probably smart enough to figure out what my motivation is in getting you to sign up, but knowing that I am going back should give you some idea regarding what I think of Mike and Ray's most excellent week long bike ho-down. It's a quality event, and it's everything I look for in a stage race (including tours of Amish country).

I'm the person who put a five person limit on this deal. Why? Well, when you go begging up your contact people that are deeply embedded in the "industry" for schwag it's always good to have a number in mind, and five seemed like a number that would only make my sponsors shrug a little. I did not go to my sponsors that would make less sense like Industry Nine or Cane Creek because I did not see them throwing multiple wheelsets and 110 headsets my way.

Contact me at teamdicky at hotmail dot com if you want a piece of this. This is not a limited time offer, but I am keeping it limited to the first five people who sign up AND drop my name.

Thanks for you support.

5 comments:

Luis G. said...

Relegated to "Have you seen me" SWEET!

Shane S said...

Think I'll skip SS Arizona, purple just ain't my color...... Where's DJ in there? Must be the one with the wig.

dougyfresh said...

That's my camelbag bottle!

Thanks for asking me permission to auction it off. meh..

dougyfresh said...

I'm thinking about coming back to TSE for next year. A remodeled kitchen can wait. It is more rewarding to finish ahead of Dicky multiple days in a row.



wv: supeti

That means Super or Victory!

dicky said...

Meh, Montana has your bottle, my cog, and Peter's heart